sure looks like a scam bike to me on indiegogo

Over $666 thousand raised, ironically. Makes me want to start my own frivolous campaign. Oh, wait, morals prevent me and hell threatens to entrap my soul for eternity if I do. Nevermind.
An update, they raised nearly 1.6Million$.

And I just received an update that they are suspending production due to COVID. Seems like a normal excuse right now to steal everyone's $.

An update, they raised nearly 1.6Million$.

And I just received an update that they are suspending production due to COVID. Seems like a normal excuse right now to steal everyone's $.
This does not sound legit... Rocket eBike: Self-Charging, 100-Mile Range eBike | Indiegogo

"We initially didn’t want to mention the way the pandemic is disrupting us. We presume many of you are fatigued and tired of hearing about the pandemic. We certainly wish it was over. But the reality is we cannot pretend this pandemic won’t stagnate us in any way. We are geographically located in one of the worst affected parts of the globe. Travel corridors have been shut down and tighter restrictions have been put in place without any notice. Our operations are constantly affected as a result of partners and institutions moving considerably slower.

However, we are making improvements despite all these factors. We believe it speaks to the expertise of our company. But most importantly: we want to make the best product for our backers."

When I was growing up, there was the myth of the 200 mile-per-gallon carburator. Amercian cars could allegedly get 200 miles per gallon, but the patents were smothered in a pact with big oil. So now I guess we have the 100 mile range bicycle with regenerative braking from a startup, because "big bicycle" is repressing the technology. If regenerative braking were technologically feasible, everyone would be on it like white on rice.

If you buy this you are buying a dream that will result in regenerative breaking.

When I was growing up, there was the myth of the 200 mile-per-gallon carburator. Amercian cars could allegedly get 200 miles per gallon, but the patents were smothered in a pact with big oil. So now I guess we have the 100 mile range bicycle with regenerative braking from a startup, because "big bicycle" is repressing the technology. If regenerative braking were technologically feasible, everyone would be on it like white on rice.

If you buy this you are buying a dream that will result in regenerative breaking.
especially as it does not even have a motor that does regenerate. it has a Bafang geared hub. drive.

Bafang does make a direct drive motor, but I don't think they have a non-geared 175mm fat tire model. Still these guys could be wrong about the motor. Everyone likes to claim Bafang, but there are lots of other motors.

Last Fall, I blew the battery fuse on a 20" fat tire bike and had to pedal it home. When I hit the slight uphill section, I couldn't believe how hard it was to pedal, and I'm not fighting a regenerative motor, just freewheeling away. Turned out some of it was no tire pressure, but ugh, it was hard. I did the same route a afterwards on my 500W 26" Trek conversion. Turned off the power and it pedaled easy.

Rattan and Walke are really pushing their regen as a feature. It works great for braking, but you cannot recover much energy with pedaling, especially on this type of bike,.

Hi there,
been following this project a while, this is a scam and one that indiegogo is in on and actively promoting on facebook under their own account. that means that rocket is paying indiegogo a premium to their normal fees in order to cover the advertising costs, it would be interesting to know what exactly the agreement is with rocket and indiegogo.

the Ireland front for the company is just that, this is a macau china based company, you can see the information on their supposed 'patent' on the EUIPO which is actually not at all a patent but a fake design registration which is invalid anyways as there is prior art all over the place for these standard open mold bikes. one guy below on indie tried to start up a group on facebook, that group disappared as well as his comment.

1.png2.png3.png

one of the latest commenters made me laugh, lives in hong kong yet its somehow a great deal for him to buy this 'irish' bike and have it shipped to him? when you look him up hes an investor, quite likely he is in on the ruse and his 'bits and bulbs' comment is a ploy to make him sound british? who knows.

indie has really outdone itself here, they are over 2 million up on a bike that has a ton of impossible features such as regen which would never work on a light bike like this and 100 miles? they may as well say 500 miles, unlimited miles, both are equally true.

the same price for both a 750w and 250w? that is also a clear sign of a scam, they are not the same price to manufacutre, even in china, the bigger motors are more expensive.

noone on this indiegogo campaign will ever get their bikes, in july a new excuse will come about that they were one again delayed for some BS reason.

cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
this thing is amazing in its longevity and how people are still trowing money at this magic bike. the whole region thing is nil since it has a geared hub motor anyway.

heres one more which was of course deleted from indiegogo after a few hours

4.png

I don’t know how it is on the android side, but check out the My Rocket app in the App Store.

Part of what started me on my journey to a full-suspension ebike was (what I believe) is an Indiegogo scam: The Avarax-e.

Guys, before I did my research, I SO wanted to believe in this... 32.5 pounds, 500 watts, $600 early-adopter price, 65 mile range...

I came really close to pulling the trigger...

But instead, I found EBR, and discovered that nothing about this bike makes sense, even at the $1,200. Just the physics of it seem impossible, let alone the economics. It's also just... weird. I mean, one of the marketing pitches is that it's a 'self-cleaning' e-bike? This is supposed to be something cyclists really want? I couldn't shake the feeling that these people didn't even know anything about bicycles or people who ride them.

They also didn't answer my emails, and the address I found for them was the same as a moving company which was a shakedown scam-- held your stuff hostage for twice the price they promised, etc.

I guess I could thank them for motivating me enough to research and buy a bike that I really like... but I won't.

Indigogo sucks. They prey on the vulnerable. Would love to see them sued into the ground and regulated out of existence.

Wow there is so much negativity in this thread. From people that have not seen or even tried the product!

The 100 mile range some have commented on is perfectly realistic. Let me explain: I got a 500W Rattan X from Indiegogo. This was in Jan 2020. Is has the exact same battery size as the Rocket eBike – 48V 15 Ah battery. It has regenerative braking, just as Rocket eBike.

I’m getting a 100 mile range on my Rattan X. I’m just under 175 lbs for the record. If I can get a 100 mile range on my Rattan, X, I’m sure I can get 100 miles on a Rocket eBike as well. Please quit the BS that the 100 mile range is unrealistic.

I’ve seen some other bikes on Indiegogo where the 250W and 750W have the same price, probably to have less perks on the page and make it easier to choose which I like. Quit the BS that it is shady to have the same price for different engines.

Considering upgrading from my X to the 750W version of Rocket eBike. Rocket has more power and torque, which is useful for my riding style. I like the design better too. Also love the blue color. Looks fresh. Getting a bit bored of my Rattan in orange.

I’ve so far received two bikes from Indiegogo and I’m happy with both. There are many cool bikes on Indiegogo, currently considering either the Rocket eBike or the XION bike, although they are in different categories. You should definitely have a helmet for the XION! Cool moped like design imo. Looks futuristic.

Happy riding!

Nobody here has even tried the bike, but some are writing downright falsehoods and BS. Many accounts in this thread are new, have only posted in this thread and have only posted BS. Very suspicious.

Try it first and then write. My Rattan X that I got from Indiegogo is very similar. The problem is that it only has 500W, considering upgrading to the 750W Rocket eBike. In "Popsicle Blue". I'm getting 100 miles on my Rattan with pedal assist and love it. I'm either getting the 750W Rocket or the XION Bike from Indiegogo.

Didn't find any patents for the XION Bike and seared with USPTO as they are in the US. It might be more difficult to get a patent for their design. Anyways, not a big deal. Like the look anyways.

Also, I checked the design patent Rocket eBike mentioned on their page. It definitely looks 100% legit and real. I found it on the EUIPO website. It it a 8 page document and they received the patent last year. Quit the nonsense that it does not exist.

The design patent is also registered for a company in Belfast UK. It is a UK company and not a company in Asia. Quit the BS ffs.

Nobody here has even tried the bike, but some are writing downright falsehoods and BS. Many accounts in this thread are new, have only posted in this thread and have only posted BS. Very suspicious.

Try it first and then write. My Rattan X that I got from Indiegogo is very similar. The problem is that it only has 500W, considering upgrading to the 750W Rocket eBike. In "Popsicle Blue". I'm getting 100 miles on my Rattan with pedal assist and love it. I'm either getting the 750W Rocket or the XION Bike from Indiegogo.
hard to believe you get that range out of such a bike. fat small wheels upright low end and heavy. even my bosch bike it would be hard to get 100 miles on and it is far more efficient power wise tire wise and aerodynamics.

you can’t patent this because it’s been around for a decade. what have they patented exactly? what they have at EUIPO is a DESIGN REGISTRATION not a patent. anyone can register a design. if anyone challenged this “design “ they would lose even this registration as it’s been around for over a decade.

it’s a ploy to add credibility to a fake bike and a campaign that is going to steal slightly over 2 million dollars from hundreds of people with indiegogo actually advertising this on facebook under their own ad account. unbelievable!. however with the design registration you were able to find out details like who the real owner if this campaign is, they company they formed in ireland to channel the funds from indiegogo through and the info for the owner of this scam from macao and the address they used there is some sketchy region according to google msps.

regen braking on a bike? have they managed to alter the laws of physics? it’s useless. 100 miles? please, what a crock. don’t believe anything this kyle44 is writing. some of the “reveals” were probably cutting too close to home so he had to step in and spread some fake news.

who are these fake people behind this campaign ?
47969E4E-912A-4DBE-AB4F-9A51493340EC.jpeg

hard to believe you get that range out of such a bike. fat small wheels upright low end and heavy. even my bosch bike it would be hard to get 100 miles on and it is far more efficient power wise tire wise and aerodynamics

Didn't find any patents for the XION Bike and seared with USPTO as they are in the US. It might be more difficult to get a patent for their design. Anyways, not a big deal. Like the look anyways.

Also, I checked the design patent Rocket eBike mentioned on their page. It definitely looks 100% legit and real. I found it on the EUIPO website. It it a 8 page document and they received the patent last year. Quit the nonsense that it does not exist.

The design patent is also registered for a company in Belfast UK. It is a UK company and not a company in Asia. Quit the BS ffs.
kyle44.

action tech limited
RoleDate Of BirthAppointed
MR WILLIAM ZHANGDirector

Attachments

• 7D3AEB89-E620-4271-9A6E-A18D67B168B7.jpeg
    7D3AEB89-E620-4271-9A6E-A18D67B168B7.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 58056C2D-851A-4F62-BFA5-27D93C677F49.jpeg
    58056C2D-851A-4F62-BFA5-27D93C677F49.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 192
Even if it's not a scam it's a pretty crap looking bike for the money with a distinct lack of component details on the page. Looking closely at the pictures, it's got a Tourney rear derailleur, hardly top bracket there, heavy cheap looking front suspension, weighs 60lbs with a Bafang hub motor. Least you've got that, least it's a well known motor, if not that exciting or in anyway new. But no list of component manufacturers. If this was groundbreaking you'd think they'd make sure to back up their new tech with some lightweight, strong components. But heavy old tech motor, heavy shocks, basic drive train, small fat tyres... I'm not seeing 100 miles range, not even 30 miles if there are any hills. With that weight will the folding hinges hold up in real world conditions? As for regen... Nothing to explain how that's going to work on the page. No details of anything and a blurry b&w picture of a few people skiing with only their first names? What's the point of it being foldable if the thing weighs the same as a small hippo. Where you going to carry it?

Run away. Run fast.

Hi folks, some friendly reminders:

1) Please stay on topic :)

2) Please treat your fellow members with respect. If you don't like what someone has to say you can put them on ignore, or report their post if it violates our rules.

3) Absolutely no posting of personal information about other people!

For anyone that needs a refresher, the rules can be found here: https://electricbikereview.com/terms/

Message me anytime if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Back