SuperNova M99 Pro and Grin Technologies SPL-01 1900 Lumen Ebike Light

Region
Canada
Hi all,

Has anyone installed either the Supernova M99 Pro or Grin Technologies SPL-01 Headlight on their Biktrix Ride.

Just doing research and in checking with Supernova, Grin Technologies, and Bafang USA, they all say to check with the "other" guy concerning compatibility with the Bafang Motor.

It is a little out of my league to start soldering circuits to make it work although I admire folks who have those skills.

I would most likely have a local Ebike Shop do the work, unless the install is similiar to the Armageddon upgrade from Biktrix.

I understand it it is not a simple plug and play because the existing wiring is only 6 Volt.

I don't do lot of night riding, but I do some, and the stock light Biktrix uses is just not adequate.

Anyways, just curious whether anyone else has gone this way.

Cheers, and Thanks.

Hi all,

Has anyone installed either the Supernova M99 Pro or Grin Technologies SPL-01 Headlight on their Biktrix Ride.

Just doing research and in checking with Supernova, Grin Technologies, and Bafang USA, they all say to check with the "other" guy concerning compatibility with the Bafang Motor.

It is a little out of my league to start soldering circuits to make it work although I admire folks who have those skills.

I would most likely have a local Ebike Shop do the work, unless the install is similiar to the Armageddon upgrade from Biktrix.

I understand it it is not a simple plug and play because the existing wiring is only 6 Volt.

I don't do lot of night riding, but I do some, and the stock light Biktrix uses is just not adequate.

Anyways, just curious whether anyone else has gone this way.

Cheers, and Thanks.
The stock light is indeed 6V and 0.5A. Supernova likely won't be plug and play. You would likely need to pull full power source from the battery and use a relay with the 6V source as input to switch the light on and off. This is what our Armageddon does.

Back