Superbike - Series 2 pricing, what's next?

pushkar

edit 4/16 ---

If you are interested in the Superbike, here are the renders of both the regular frame, and stepthrough frame bikes. I am adding them here based on feedback received on the private forum. I am also updating the website with these pictures.

They look really neat... and I am super excited how they look somewhat dressed up / finished. Please feel free to ask any questions!

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.38.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.38.38 PM.png

--- Original Post.
All, thanks for the fairly amazing response to the founder series. Though I cant give you precise numbers, the #votes as of April 9th is very close to those who committed to the bikes. I am now working on getting the prototypes built over the next 60-70 days.

I would like to start a (somewhat) weekly introduction of the chosen components to the broader audience, so they can better understand the reasoning behind the choice, and what makes the chosen component special. I am still prepping the material, but if you guys want me to focus on something first, please let me know. I would want to focus on the choice of downtube, the frame capability, dual batteries, rear rack / front rack, etc etc...we have a fairly long list.

Another update - series 2 pricing is live. Series 2 prices will be revised end of May 2020. I realized that some folks need a little bit more time to do research and commit. I will be adding additional pictures, renders etc (as they become available) here and on the website.

Just wanted to say - thank you to everyone in the founder series for making this real for everyone.

Last edited:
I'm proud to be a founder, and encourage those of you interested in this bike or high quality to consider Watt Wagons. I'm happy to walk/talk you through my journey of how I came to my decision, if you're interested.

I'm confident there will be a lot more excitement and regret (for not participating as a founder) when the bike is actually built and reviewed. I hope you market this bike more than the other bikes you had in the past. Maybe even pay EBR to do a review since they do have a large audience. Marketing is everything when it comes to sales.

FLX does a phenomenal job of marketing their bikes even though it's a less of a bike than Watt Wagons. :D

Yes! Marketing will be a big part of the initiative this time. Learning - trying to keep the quality up. Will look at my customers to keepthe excitement going as well.

EBR will be reviewing it - there are a few more people on the list as well this time !

Seems the step through clearance might be a bit tight with the spare? Might need to mount it higher on the lower tube? What does the red signify in the images?

Seems the step through clearance might be a bit tight with the spare? Might need to mount it higher on the lower tube? What does the red signify in the images?

I have rendered the Titan pack to show how much clearance users may have with the largest possible second battery. On the stepthrough, the battery is mounted as low as we possibly can so the CG is lowest. On the regular frame, the battery will be a little lower on the downtube.

The red is accent coloring... my coloring skills on the render software are a little limited but wanted to show a variant of the color scheme.

Oh god no, please don't make your bike ugly like one unnamed seller does with racing stripes and red wheels. No red decals or flames either. 😅

Just a suggestion, I'd lengthen the back of that front fender to make it functional. Aluminum frame? Yes, hire an industrial designer or artist to do your graphics.

Just a suggestion, I'd lengthen the back of that front fender to make it functional. Aluminum frame? Yes, hire an industrial designer or artist to do your graphics.
We are using SKS.. so the fenders are pretty good.

Great suggestion on the industrial designer - am working with someone pretty up there. I am not a big fan of decal therapy so I will probably err on keeping the graphics to a minimum. Clearly that philosophy hasn't translated to this render :cool: , but the production bikes will be minimal.

Yes! Marketing will be a big part of the initiative this time. Learning - trying to keep the quality up. I will look at my customers to keep the excitement going as well.

EBR will be reviewing it - there are a few more people on the list as well this time!

The design looks great... well done!

We are using SKS.. so the fenders are pretty good.

Great suggestion on the industrial designer - am working with someone pretty up there. I am not a big fan of decal therapy so I will probably err on keeping the graphics to a minimum. Clearly that philosophy hasn't translated to this render :cool: , but the production bikes will be minimal.
I was a modelmaker at Caterpillar Inc. Corporate Industrial Design for 14 years before retirement. The right design person can really add value to a machine.

I was a modelmaker at Caterpillar Inc. Corporate Industrial Design for 14 years before retirement. The right design person can really add value to a machine.
Could not agree more!!

Hopefully we can have nicer stuff out for prototypes.

Oh god no, please don't make your bike ugly like one unnamed seller does with racing stripes and red wheels. No red decals or flames either. 😅
I vote for keeping the bike 2 colors - Frame color for 95% of the bike and black for logo and whatever strip or decals you may think of. Titanium/black or Blue/black both work. Black goes with everything.

In that vein, I may actually ask for the black Rohloff.

Sorry, just couldn't look at that red any more. Mine will be matte blue but that's beyond my photoshop skilz...

1587101762363.png

Edit: I'm also hopeful the spare battery will fit vertically on larger frame sizes. Think it looks so much better and frees up room for water bottle mounting on lower tube:

1587107277612.png

Last edited:
Sorry, just couldn't look at that red any more. Mine will be matte blue but that's beyond my photoshop skilz...

Edit: I'm also hopeful the spare battery will fit vertically on larger frame sizes. Think it looks so much better and frees up room for water bottle mounting on lower tube:

OK. will see if that ight be an option on the M / L/ XL frames. We definitely cant do it on Small.. the stand over height will be too high.

Back