Superbike - Series 2 pricing, what's next?

Won't the surface area and the circular shape of the seat tube be an issue for keeping such a large battery in place? There is minimal contact point between the tube and the battery. The down tube has flat and wide surface area for the battery to sit securely. I can see the battery potentially becoming loose over time with all that weight for the seat tube option.

Would make more sense than super commuter pro since ultimate > super. It seems they are equivalent bikes in many ways, just one for those that prefer integrated battery and additional mounting options.

Hi all. Just had a good chat with Pushkar and delighted to say that a "Superbike" will be making its way down to New Zealand. Thanks to all of you that contributed to the design and have shown confidence in this community approach from day 1. It has been a delight to quickly catch up on the progress and join the Founders at stage 2. If by chance any other Kiwis see this and are interested in ordering, please make contact as I am looking to arrange delivery direct from the factory to take pressure of Pushkar trying to work out the logistics of 'downunder delivery'.

That was for founders willing to commit prior to 4/12. Perhaps if you beg and twist Pushkar's arm he might let you in the back door.

Hi all. Just had a good chat with Pushkar and delighted to say that a "Superbike" will be making its way down to New Zealand. Thanks to all of you that contributed to the design and have shown confidence in this community approach from day 1. It has been a delight to quickly catch up on the progress and join the Founders at stage 2. If by chance any other Kiwis see this and are interested in ordering, please make contact as I am looking to arrange delivery direct from the factory to take pressure of Pushkar trying to work out the logistics of 'downunder delivery'.
Welcome to the club!

So $5999 includes the two batteries (17 + 17 = 34Ah) and 2300W nominal /3000W max with 2 year warranty? 😲

If it's true, this bike will sell. There's no other commuter like it.
Warranty is 3 years for Founders I believe.

ok but 2 years is still good.

Luna Cycle will give you 90 day warranty for their 2000W max Bafang Ultra equipped bikes.
Not only Pushkar is giving you extra 1000W of power, but he is also giving you 8 times the warranty.

It's quite amazing, because you never know what kind of things could go wrong with 3000W tuned motor.
Yep. 90-day warranty is a bit of a joke I think. Warranty periods are usually based on historical trends in issues with the product to make servicing the warranty while keeping the product profitable. That tells you how much confidence @pushkar has in his bikes unlike Luna.

Luna offers longer warranty on the X1 (2 years frame, 1 year battery, 6 months other components). Ever tried to hit up some of these direct to consumer ebike companies for warranty? It's a lot easier to provide warranty if you are paying LBS a hefty margin to market and service sales. At least Luna is setting expectations up front and not passing on the cost to you unless you choose it. They might not be my choice for parts since competitors offer longer warranty for the same price.

Luna offers longer warranty on the X1 (2 years frame, 1 year battery, 6 months other components). Ever tried to hit up some of these direct to consumer ebike companies for warranty? It's a lot easier to provide warranty if you are paying LBS a hefty margin to market and service sales. At least Luna is setting expectations up front and not passing on the cost to you unless you choose it. They might not be my choice for parts since competitors offer longer warranty for the same price.

That's a valid point too. It just seems like not including the longer warranty is going into the game at half speed. You have to take some level of risk in business and not pass on the burden to the customer. When you don't take the risk, you leave the impression of low confidence in your product which in turn leads to lower customer trust in your brand resulting in low sales in the long run.

Luna has had the pre-sale pricing for months then had to lower it even further. That only tells me that the inventory isn't moving.

Or completing the final stage of the long con. If I see Pushkar start to post lots of beach pics sipping pina coladas I'll just have to raise my glass and say well done sir, well done...
It would be pretty idiotic to do all this in a public space leaving evidence everywhere....unless EBR is his silent partner in crime!!:oops::eek:😧😏

Last edited:
Sorry, just couldn't look at that red any more. Mine will be matte blue but that's beyond my photoshop skilz...

View attachment 50056

Edit: I'm also hopeful the spare battery will fit vertically on larger frame sizes. Think it looks so much better and frees up room for water bottle mounting on lower tube:

View attachment 50058

Yes, I'm still hoping for attachment points on the seat tube. I have the XL ordered, so space shouldn't be an issue.

Makes the triangle have more usable space, for storage or a bottle.

Back