Stromer Torque Sensor Adjustment

Hey guys,

Stromer included a really great feature on its display that not many people know about: the ability to easily adjust the sensitivity of the torque sensor. The process is described in the manual and involves two steps. I've attached them as .pdf documents here.

This is very useful for making a 2012 Stromer feel like an ST1. Reducing the sensitivity will increase range. However, if you would like more power, this is an easy, practical solution.

- Chandlee

Attachments

• Interface.pdf
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,546
  • torque sensor.pdf
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,782
Hi Guys
So when adjusting the sensitivity of the torque sensor, does a lower number give less motor support and require more rider input? The manual shows 70, I was going to lower mine to require more
muscle power because I rarely get out of eco mode. But when I went to changed it I found I was already set on 50. So 40 would require more leg power and provide less boost? Thanks!

I like eco mode the way it is, and can get 40 plus miles out of it at 20 mph... awesome.... However the next mode up has too much assist.. (City mode) Is there any way to adjust that mode's assist level.

I run my sensor assist at 20%, there is a noticeable difference from 30% but toggling between ECO and City during a ride is easy enough.

I like eco mode the way it is, and can get 40 plus miles out of it at 20 mph... awesome.... However the next mode up has too much assist.. (City mode) Is there any way to adjust that mode's assist level.

No I don't think so

It is my understanding that the torque sensor adjustment affects all levels of assist.

Yes it does.

Would be nice if Stromer had a service setup option to tweak both the assist level + rename. There is a apparently a USB port in the downtube.

PS anyone notice their firmware revision on boot up?

Back