Stromer ST2 -- Serious Motor Issues

Ashander

Hi,

I recently purchased an ST2 and I've had it completely replaced within 100 miles because of a bad motor issue (rattling, juttering, etc).

Yesterday, I picked up my brand new out of box ST2 and last night I had tested the bike and it happened again. This time the motor moved backwards with full force.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it this common in a $6500 bike?!

Thank you!

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Bike Fail Video 2

Mine never ran in reverse, but like a lot of other people's bikes, mine shipped with a faulty motor control cable. There is a video on Youtube that shows how to do the repair yourself, and if you have a decent stand and the necessary tools, you can do the swap in under an hour. Most of the time is spent disassembling/ reassembling the battery compartment liner. Running the wires and connecting them takes about 10 minutes. Keep the video handy as you do the repair and make sure to note which screws go where, and how the original cables were run. It's tedious but not difficult. You can also take it to your LBS. If you don't have a certified Stromer repair shop nearby, any local bike mechanic with experience with ebikes should be able to do it quickly and relatively inexpensively. Just make sure to point him/ her to the Youtube video.

Hi,

I recently purchased an ST2 and I've had it completely replaced within 100 miles because of a bad motor issue (rattling, juttering, etc).

Yesterday, I picked up my brand new out of box ST2 and last night I had tested the bike and it happened again. This time the motor moved backwards with full force.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it this common in a $6500 bike?!

Thank you!

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Bike Fail Video 2

Had the same exact issue with my ST2 S. Faulty motor cable with occasional backwards motor. First time it happened to me the peddle slammed full force into my leg. Second and third time it happened I luckily knew what was occurring and was able to move out the way and let the motor spin until finished.

But I agree, this shouldn't be happening on such an expensive bike..

Back