Stromer ST2 2016 Model

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
Eurobike 2015 has just started and heard from a friend who is attending the demo day..

Here is a pic of the 2016 Stromer ST2.
@bluecat 's predictions are absolutely correct :)

Here are the upgrades: (feel free to add more if I missed)

~1000Whr battery ( AWESOME! )
Shimano Di2 electronic shifter
Dual beam headlights
A nice brooks cambium saddle
Magura MT5 dual piston calipers
New color, rims and decals

ST2 - 2016 version.jpg

Last edited:
@Ravi Kempaiah Thank you!

See the price chart for Germany below. Take a note regarding the price increase of the new battery (€/Wh).

ST2-2016.jpg
@Bleucat
Can't open the price chart - thx - looks great bike (maybe I should have waited a year longer...)
But hey , I can now freely biking;)

Dual beam headlights

This might be the biggest innovation!

As everybody know, the current headlight with 220 Lumen is only some kind of "position" light - you never see the street surface 1" above @ 45km/h. But now, with the new Supernova M99 Pro you get a 32W beam with 1250 Lumen. Additionally, the tail light could have a brake light function. The following picture might show a prototype:

image.jpg

(OK, my LD4 headlight has 2200 Lumen @ 50 Watt...)

I note the smaller tire, I would like that I think based on my riding style, also I would like a comfort shock as an option.

As everybody know, the current headlight with 220 Lumen is only some kind of "position" light - you never see the street surface 1" above @ 45km/h. But now, with the new Supernova M99 Pro you get a 32W beam with 1250 Lumen. Additionally, the tail light could have a brake light function. The following picture might show a prototype:

image.jpg

do you know what's the range on the ST2s?

depends on the settings, weight, etc but i have done around 50 miles in setting 2 and about 70 miles using setting 1

Insane news! That's more than 2.35X the battery capacity of my ebike!

I wonder what proportion of 2016 Stromer ST2 sales will be S models. It seems like high-end ebikes are selling pretty well, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a healthy proportion.

depends on the settings, weight, etc but i have done around 50 miles in setting 2 and about 70 miles using setting 1
It depends a lot on how you ride the bike too. I typically get 100 miles on power level 1 with a little level 2&3 mixed in when necessary. Slightly less than 1% per mile with the 814WH battery.

This headlight is truly innovative. Looks like Super high-end trefecta E-bike is also going to use the same headlights.
Take a look at this video... one word... BRILLIANT...

Just to show you, what I'm talking about:

On the left, the classic Supernova E3 headlight. To the right: The LD4 custom made headlight with 2200 Lumen. Even if the M99 Pro only 1250 Lumen, you can imagine the huge improvement.

Fiat_Lux_zpscyjakpmu.jpg

Just to show you, what I'm talking about:
On the left, the classic Supernova E3 headlight. To the right: The LD4 custom made headlight with 2200 Lumen. Even if the M99 Pro only 1250 Lumen, you can imagine the huge improvement.

Wow..!!
Where can I get one?

Wow..!!
Where can I get one?
Reading the translated version of the article I posted earlier, there are a couple of questions related to whether it can be a drop in replacement for the existing headlight:

1) Does the 2015 Stromer provide enough power to the headlight connector? For the new headlight, there are two models, a 16W and a 32W, depending on the available power.

2) How is the high beam activated? Does Stromer have a different headlight control on the handlebar? Do you toggle it by pressing the headlight button for a long time? If so, the bike would need different firmware. Or does the light have its own button to toggle between low beam and high beam?

1) Does the 2015 Stromer provide enough power to the headlight connector? For the new headlight, there are two models, a 16W and a 32W, depending on the available power.

As mentioned above, my LD4 needs up to 50W. This is absolutely no problem, only a special voltage converter was installed.

I am glad they have introduced Magura MT5 dual piston calipers and the most impressive thing is they have been able to maintain the weight at 62lbs in spite of this ginormous battery ( I'm assuming they are using 3500 mAh cells).

Suspension kit is now available for ST2 but this is not the preferred FOX talas series.
I noticed a ST2 with FOX shock and this might be of interest to few people.

ebike-stromer-st2-17.jpg ebike-stromer-st2-18.jpg

Reading the translated version of the article I posted earlier, there are a couple of questions related to whether it can be a drop in replacement for the existing headlight:

2) How is the high beam activated? Does Stromer have a different headlight control on the handlebar? Do you toggle it by pressing the headlight button for a long time? If so, the bike would need different firmware. Or does the light have its own button to toggle between low beam and high beam?

Good question. I'm not sure.
Perhaps they can push a firmware update and enable some cool features for the existing ST2 owners.

Last edited:
Back