Stromer st1 v1 sport

Ed I

Just bought one. Is this a real stromer? What racks fit? Can lights be wired in? Not much info on the sport. Mine has suspension front fork and single chain ring. The LCD screen is hard to see. I put a suntour suspension seat post on it. It rides real nice. I will post a few pics when I can
IMG_20160927_170905.jpg

Last edited:
Any rack will fit. You dont need a disk brake specific model. Bosses on the dropouts. Front can be mounted to the crossbar under the seat - or use a 31.6mm seatpost collar on the seatpost and bolt through the supports and collar. Couple people had difficulty getting a 31.6mm to fit, but I suspect you just need to spread it a bit initially to get it to slip over if the brand you get is tight.
There are sockets for rear light under the crank, and front inside the battery compartment. If not getting Stromer's City kit, then I'd likely go for a good rechargable LED headlight, and a blinky seatpost mounted rear light. Contrast can be adjusted on the display - lookup CODES here and set the level/see owners manual. Mine is clear in direct sunlight.
The city kit while over priced, is very nicely integrated, and not to hard to install. Check the youtube video.
Trickiest part is the bolt through the seatstay bar to support rear fender. I used a #10x1.25" self tapping screw with hex cap head & a gear wrench. Beats the heck out of fidgiting with a torx allen style key. I initially did it with the key, but had to remove it ... at that time I went to plan B

Last edited:
Just bought one. Is this a real stromer? What racks fit? Can lights be wired in? Not much info on the sport. Mine has suspension front fork and single chain ring. The LCD screen is hard to see. I put a suntour suspension seat post on it. It rides real nice. I will post a few pics when I can

It's a special model by Stromer.
When they released their Stromer Sport model back in 2012, it had some electrical problems and I guess they had lots of frames in their warehouse. So, they put the ST1 Elite motor and battery to make it very affordable for customers. High volume dealers like Lenny's have them in stock.
The V1 Sport comes with Mountain 33 motor, 11Ah battery, Tektro mechanical disc brakes, retails for $1500
The V1 Elite comes with Mountain 33 motor, 14.5 Ah battery, Hydraulic disc brakes and retails for $1990.

They ride just like ST1 and do come with suspension forks. It has very good PAS system, integration, and features.

When they released their Stromer Sport model back in 2012, it had some electrical problems and I guess they had lots of frames in their warehouse. So, they put the ST1 Elite motor and battery to make it very affordable for customers. High volume dealers like Lenny's have them in stock.
The V1 Sport comes with Mountain 33 motor, 11Ah battery, Tektro mechanical disc brakes, retails for $1500
The V1 Elite comes with Mountain 33 motor, 14.5 Ah battery, Hydraulic disc brakes and retails for $1990.

They ride just like ST1 and do come with suspension forks. It has very good PAS system, integration, and features.

Will the V1 accept the Stromer Sport Purple or Gold battery?

Will the V1 accept the Stromer Sport Purple or Gold battery?

These batteries are called BOxxx where xxx is the capacity and BO is body shape octagon. Both types you mentioned are no longer on sale since years. The blue BO630 is the last one and I have this on my 2009 Stromer. So I expect, the weaker ones you mentioned will also fit.

Back