Stromer ST1 battery compartment door

Artygirl

I recently purchased a Stromer ST1 and Stromer ST2. Unfortunately I purchased both of them from a dealer in Naples Florida who is not providing any customer service so I am hoping that someone can answer a few questions for me. First, I had difficulty connecting the bike to the charger and the unit that attaches to the bike (the connector) has loosened and pulled out. To remedy this I decided to remove the battery so that I could access the connector from inside the case. I unlocked the battery compartment and pushed the button but nothing happens at all. I have tried several times. Is there a way to "pop" open the door manually? I am not familiar with the locking mechanism so I am afraid to attempt to pry it open. Now I have a loose connector and no way to fix it or to charge the bike. Can anyone help me please?

I'm sorry. I thought that I did reply but I see that it is not posted here. First I want to thank you for your quick response. I haven't had much luck with Stromer or the dealer that I purchased my bikes from. The bike I am referring to is the ST1.

I'm sorry. I thought that I did reply but I see that it is not posted here. First I want to thank you for your quick response. I haven't had much luck with Stromer or the dealer that I purchased my bikes from. The bike I am referring to is the ST1.
I have had something very similar happen to me with ST1

The lock was stuck
What did you do? I cannot open the battery door at all.

What did you do? I cannot open the battery door at all.

Right now, we have lent a loaner for a customer of our's who has a defective charging port.
The lock can be tricky or even defective at times.
Send me your email and I will put you in touch with East Coast Sales manager of Stromer and he can direct you or ask your dealer to resolve this. It is really frustrating to see customers purchase goods like this and receive poor treatment.

Right now, we have lent a loaner for a customer of our's who has a defective charging port.
The lock can be tricky or even defective at times.
Send me your email and I will put you in touch with East Coast Sales manager of Stromer and he can direct you or ask your dealer to resolve this. It is really frustrating to see customers purchase goods like this and receive poor treatment.
Thank you so much! I already feel better. I am actually looking at purchasing 2 more Stromers as I have a home in Michigan as well. My e-mail is [email protected]

On ST2 I was having trouble with a lock as it seemed to stick. Also, the ST2 battery door is very flimsy so be careful not to let battery fall against it. My door seems to have a slight bend in the middle and I noticed the rubber seal does not lay flat against the frame which is not good.

Regarding customer service, we see expensive bikes bought from dealers but I agree we are not getting the service. Seems to be a sale and forget attitude. I suppose I expect more with the cost of these bikes.

On ST2 I was having trouble with a lock as it seemed to stick. Also, the ST2 battery door is very flimsy so be careful not to let battery fall against it. My door seems to have a slight bend in the middle and I noticed the rubber seal does not lay flat against the frame which is not good.

Regarding customer service, we see expensive bikes bought from dealers but I agree we are not getting the service. Seems to be a sale and forget attitude. I suppose I expect more with the cost of these bikes.
Crazy Lenny E-bikes out of Madison, WI responded to my post quickly and helped remedy the problems that I was having. He also alerted the Stromer rep for our area and we were contacted right away. The Stromer representative called right away and assured us that the problem would be addressed and in fact it was. I had an absolutely terrible experience in Naples at the bike store I dealt with and would caution anyone to be very weary about doing any business with her. I am a pretty easy going person (too easy going)... and I gave her more than enough chances to at least try to make things right. She didn't even try. I have never heard from her again. The point here is...research the dealer you are going to do business with. A Stromer bike is only as good as the dealer that stands behind it. They are your conduit to the company. Stromer would be wise to make sure that the dealers are honest and can fulfill the warranty needs of the customer. This is a relatively new market to the U.S. and customers need all the support possible. My husband and I own 4 Stromer bicycles now and we are very happy with the bikes themselves. Lenny helped us even though we did not buy the bikes from him and it really meant a lot to us because we were floundering with NO information. We ended up purchasing another Stromer ST2 from him because we were so pleased. We also saved quite a bit of money on the bike. The tech at Lenny's (Rich) spent a great deal of time with us going over things and helping us with the portals as well. I'm sure he would help you if you run into a problem.

Crazy Lenny E-bikes out of Madison, WI responded to my post quickly and helped remedy the problems that I was having. He also alerted the Stromer rep for our area and we were contacted right away. The Stromer representative called right away and assured us that the problem would be addressed and in fact it was. I had an absolutely terrible experience in Naples at the bike store I dealt with and would caution anyone to be very weary about doing any business with her. I am a pretty easy going person (too easy going)... and I gave her more than enough chances to at least try to make things right. She didn't even try. I have never heard from her again. The point here is...research the dealer you are going to do business with. A Stromer bike is only as good as the dealer that stands behind it. They are your conduit to the company. Stromer would be wise to make sure that the dealers are honest and can fulfill the warranty needs of the customer. This is a relatively new market to the U.S. and customers need all the support possible. My husband and I own 4 Stromer bicycles now and we are very happy with the bikes themselves. Lenny helped us even though we did not buy the bikes from him and it really meant a lot to us because we were floundering with NO information. We ended up purchasing another Stromer ST2 from him because we were so pleased. We also saved quite a bit of money on the bike. The tech at Lenny's (Rich) spent a great deal of time with us going over things and helping us with the portals as well. I'm sure he would help you if you run into a problem.

Anne, thank you for the kind words !
We are happy to help in anyway we can. Please stop by our store whenever you're in the area.
Thanks

I purchased a stromer two months ago and this is the second time I am trying to open the battery door, to my realization the door will not open.

So I found out what the problem you were all having. When unlocking the lock there is a metal piece that slides into the door to keep it shut. well that metal piece does not retract all the way so part of it is hitting the battery. If you take a flash light up close you can see it block the battery !

I wanted to pick up a second stromer for the S.O but I am afraid of little like this. I will be taking this in to my local store to have this looked at. They seem to have fairly good customer service so I am hoping they follow through on their claims.

Just like the above post mentioned these retailers are really the main point of contact without having to deal with the manufacture directly.

Last edited:
The ST1 I had and have since sold had the same problem. And I read of replacement locks being available after reading of others having the same problem.

A sticky battery door on the ST1's can be fixed pretty quickly and easily. The issue is when you lock (rotate) the cylinder a pin (metal bracket) swings out and locks the door and battery firmly into place. If this pin (bracket) is bent slightly it can cause the door to not open. Do not force the key or it will break and that is not good. The mechanism should be fairly smooth to open.

If anyone needs pics on how to correct this, simply email me at [email protected] and I can send you some instructions on how to fix this fairly easily.

ride safe,

Will

Back