Stromer Omni C

Robie

My LBS just upgraded my 2015 St2. Did some research , as I was having trouble with shutting down bike. What I learned is the old screen had a Resistive service ( plastic layers which flex from pressing ) to inituate shutdown. New Omni C uses glass instead of plastic , which is called Capactive . Shutdown is by light touch ( creating an electrical charge , I guess kinda like the shock you get on carpet ) which starts the shutdown , mine took about 3 secs. Also old plastic screen Omni was more weather resistant than new. So if I'm caught in heavy rain , probably going to have something to tape over my screen now temporarily. Hope this helps someone.

Researched the the difference of Resistive and Capacitive touch screen in new Omni C compared to the old Omni screen. . Stromer mentioned this in an Email for Omni C kit.

Last edited:
Appreciate you mentioning this, OP. I recall reading a thread that someone upgraded to Omni C, got caught out in the rain, and then water got under the screen. Useful info for me as I occasionally get caught out in the rain on my 2016 ST-2 with old omni. Haven't had a problem with rain.

Stromer mentioned this in an Email for Omni C kit.

I'm still confused: While the OMNI C is robust and reliable in europe, it is not even waterproof in the US.

Might be hard to figure out, but does this e-mail come from Stromer HQ in Switzerland or does ist com from a US Stromer dealer? I'll raise this topic on my next visit @Stromer HQ, looking forward for more details.

Stromer didn't mention it in the email the specs of the Omni c-kit ( you could purchase ) is where I learned that the screen was constructed differently And researched the differance between Resistive and.
Capacitive screens . I researched it and learned one was plastic layers, and the other was glass , and the new mglass screen not being as weather resistant to water . Thanks Blue Cat for checking with Stromer Campus. Hqts. I hope they can enlighten more on this topic.

Last edited:
Stromer didn't mention it in the email the specs of the Omni c-kit ( you could purchase ) is where I learned that the screen was constructed differently And researched the differance between Resistive and.
Capacitive screens . I researched it and learned one was plastic layers, and the other was glass , and the new mglass screen not being as weather resistant to water . Thanks Blue Cat for checking with Stromer Campus. Hqts. I hope they can enlighten more on this topic.
My new upgrade to OMNI C works like my iPhone glass screen.

Appreciate you mentioning this, OP. I recall reading a thread that someone upgraded to Omni C, got caught out in the rain, and then water got under the screen. Useful info for me as I occasionally get caught out in the rain on my 2016 ST-2 with old omni. Haven't had a problem with rain.
I upgraded my ST2 s to the OMNI C in November. My rides are about 50% rain the time of year here in Portland, Oregon. Had no issues with rain and the large font I can see so I use the recuperation more. My issues is loss of connection to my iOS app.

I upgraded my ST2 s to the OMNI C in November. My rides are about 50% rain the time of year here in Portland, Oregon. Had no issues with rain and the large font I can see so I use the recuperation more. My issues is loss of connection to my iOS app.

Ok, awesome to hear, thank you!! I've been weighing loss of ability to ride in the rain vs loss of all connectivity. Thanks!

I think my Omni C upgrade from November is finally communicating with my smartphone app. Last week a download showing "BATTERY" loaded via WiFi to my Stromer ST2 S. The app showed the battery level and the GPS location but no ride data. Then this week the ride data loaded on the app but none of the past rides loaded. At least it appears to be functioning like it should. Will see how it behaves in coming weeks.

I think my Omni C upgrade from November is finally communicating with my smartphone app. Last week a download showing "BATTERY" loaded via WiFi to my Stromer ST2 S. The app showed the battery level and the GPS location but no ride data. Then this week the ride data loaded on the app but none of the past rides loaded. At least it appears to be functioning like it should. Will see how it behaves in coming weeks.

I had *exactly* the same issue after upgrading to an OMNI-C on my ST2s in January. Ride data was showing up on the OMNI app under the Bike screen, but nothing on the User screen. It was weird. I contacted Stromer USA by email. They said it was "definitely a software issue" and suggested giving the system a "small reset" by removing the battery for a minute or two, then taking it for a 5-10 mile ride afterward so it could get good cellular access for any needed updates. They also suggested, if that didn't work, deleting then reinstalling the OMNI app on my iPhone and starting up the app during the middle of a ride (again, for better cellular access). Well, I tried all of the above once a week or so over the month of February with no results. (It snowed a lot here in Salt Lake City, so I wasn't riding that often.) Then, just two days ago, the User stats started magically updating on my phone's OMNI app. Not sure how or why that happened. I'm guessing either Stromer USA figured out what was going on and fixed it remotely or the FOURTH battery removal/app removal/ride cycle finally did the trick.

My app only shows User stats from the last three days now, but whatever. At least I can see now how many kilowatts I've burned on my rides!

Then, just two days ago, the User stats started magically updating on my phone's OMNI app. Not sure how or why that happened. I'm guessing either Stromer USA figured out what was going on and fixed it remotely or the FOURTH battery removal/app removal/ride cycle finally did the trick.

The values stored in the Stromer itself are alway accurate.

Unfortunately, the transmission to the Stromer server (and forward to the OMNI app) does only work on interval. I don't think, you can push this (theft alert will push GPS location). The sole solution is riding a long time within GSM coverage.

Just wondering if your omni c is mounted flush at the back of bike? Just had one installed on my 2019 ST1X and it seems to stick up at the back. Worried that water can get in.

My LBS just upgraded my 2015 St2. Did some research , as I was having trouble with shutting down bike. What I learned is the old screen had a Resistive service ( plastic layers which flex from pressing ) to inituate shutdown. New Omni C uses glass instead of plastic , which is called Capactive . Shutdown is by light touch ( creating an electrical charge , I guess kinda like the shock you get on carpet ) which starts the shutdown , mine took about 3 secs. Also old plastic screen Omni was more weather resistant than new. So if I'm caught in heavy rain , probably going to have something to tape over my screen now temporarily. Hope this helps someone.
Do you know anything about Omni C 3G and future connections after 3G towers taken down in the near future? I asked my dealer and they knew nothing.

Do you know anything about Omni C 3G and future connections after 3G towers taken down in the near future? I asked my dealer and they knew nothing.
There's discussion on this in the "3G (GSM) technology in the USA is expected to be gradually discontinued starting January 2022" thread in the Stromer forum.

Back