Stromer City Kit Rear Rack adjuster for Kickflick accesssories

smitty

I just purchased A Rixen and Kaul rear trunk bag, with adapter included, thinking that it would "fit" the City Kit rear rack on a Stromer ST-1. No such luck, the rack is too narrow for the adapter to properly fit the holes on the rack. Has anyone else encountered this problem or is there some solution that I am not finding at this point?

I went through exactly what you went through. You need the racktime snap it adapter. It will fit both narrow and wide racktime racks. I had to buy it from eBay in Germany. I bought a Topeak velcro bag with fold down side panniers and drove 4 screws through the bottom of the bag into the adapter. I love it, easy on, easy off.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2,105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    701.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    639.7 KB · Views: 1,210
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    564.7 KB · Views: 888
Wow...thanks for the pics...still trying to figure out how the adapter will fit both narrow and wide racktime racks. The bag I purchased came with the so-called adapter already installed and I thought that all I would have to do was mount it to the appropriate holes contained on the city kit rack. The spacing of the mounting points on the city kit rack was too narrow to get each peg on the attached adapter on the bag into the appropriate holes on the city kit rack. I am wondering how the adapter is constructed so that it fits the associated holes on either a narrow or a wide rack?. It suggests to me that I might have to remove the adapter that came with the bag and install the snap it adapter you are suggesting (if I can find one??). Otherwise, it may be more suitable to buy a racktime carrier that will support the snap it features of my bag?

Thanks very much for responding to my query...

Each of the 4 points of the two rails of the snap-it adapter rotate in or out depending on how wide your racktime rack is. This is not done easily. It does not require tools, but it feels as though you are going to break it. I've never had to touch it since adjusting it from wide to narrow. See attached photo.

As far as the bag, I originally thought I could re-use the Topeak "dovetail" type slide in bag from a different bike/rack. I could have taken that dovetail piece off and screwed in the racktime rack, but the holes did not line up. I was afraid that I would have compromised the integrity of the bag. So I sold the bag and started fresh with a new Topeak bag with the velcro bottom. If I were to do it again, I would have cut a thin/sturdy piece of sheet plastic and lined the inside of the bag, then drove the screws through this part as well into the snap-it adapter.

Here's the link to ebay germany for the snap-it adapter. If you are using google Chrome, right click on the page and choose translate, unless you understand German. Not every seller ships to the US. You'll find one that will. http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from...acktime+snap.TRS0&_nkw=racktime+snap&_sacat=0

I've seen other folks' posts on this topic. So far I've hear of...
1. Buy the city kit but replace the rear rack. $$ but you get what you want but have 1/2 the look of the city kit.
2. Buy the city kit and use panniers. Classy, just not my thing.
3. Buy the city kit but use a velcro bag. I did this for about a week. It got old real fast commuting every day.
4. Don't buy the city kit and use what you want.
5. Wear a backpack. Too sweaty for me.

6. My way - Buy the city kit. Pay 34 euros to ship a piece of plastic from Germany. Use the bag you want.

1000 miles so far and so good. Click/unclick and go is awesome. I haven't thought about any of the other options since.

Good luck.

Attachments

• adapter-racktime-snap-it.jpg
    adapter-racktime-snap-it.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 609
Each of the 4 points of the two rails of the snap-it adapter rotate in or out depending on how wide your racktime rack is. This is not done easily. It does not require tools, but it feels as though you are going to break it. I've never had to touch it since adjusting it from wide to narrow. See attached photo.

As far as the bag, I originally thought I could re-use the Topeak "dovetail" type slide in bag from a different bike/rack. I could have taken that dovetail piece off and screwed in the racktime rack, but the holes did not line up. I was afraid that I would have compromised the integrity of the bag. So I sold the bag and started fresh with a new Topeak bag with the velcro bottom. If I were to do it again, I would have cut a thin/sturdy piece of sheet plastic and lined the inside of the bag, then drove the screws through this part as well into the snap-it adapter.

Here's the link to ebay germany for the snap-it adapter. If you are using google Chrome, right click on the page and choose translate, unless you understand German. Not every seller ships to the US. You'll find one that will. http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from...acktime+snap.TRS0&_nkw=racktime+snap&_sacat=0

1. Buy the city kit but replace the rear rack. $$ but you get what you want but have 1/2 the look of the city kit.
3. Buy the city kit but use a velcro bag. I did this for about a week. It got old real fast commuting every day.

6. My way - Buy the city kit. Pay 34 euros to ship a piece of plastic from Germany. Use the bag you want.

1000 miles so far and so good. Click/unclick and go is awesome. I haven't thought about any of the other options since.

Good luck.

Thank you very much...your thinking echo's mine to a t. I have found a German supplier (thanks to your pointing me in the right direction) that seems to have the appropriate part. It will mean that I most likely will have to remove the adapter that came attached to the bag and replace it with the part from Germany. My thinking is that it is doable.

Good luck.

I agree with fxr3, just what I needed to do
Also the JPG picture from Goldendorp show the narrow and wide positions

I got the topeak mtx today (available in a adventure store in town) now it's waiting till wednesday for the Racktime Snap it adapter from Amazon.de
Maybe have to des!gn some 3D printerparts to mount the adapter as I got the Quick tack version and not this with the velcro straps.

Thanks Goldendorp

As I wrote yesterday here the des!gn to mount the Topeak bag as I couldn't wait for the Snap in adapter
for the Racktime
I need to print 2 of these to mount on each side of the bracket and hold together with 2 M4 bolts.

5ZAY711m.jpg

Just finished mounting the printed parts fitting for 99%
Next step: des!gn/print a new secure hook
to replace the original, for now the bottle strap will do it,
but in this case mounted backwards.

3h6HwKwm.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Goldendorp for link to Racktime accessories. I had know idea so many items were available for my St2 rack. I am in the U.S. . Will try to contact Germany on shipping. Those metal mesh baskets look great to make a run to the market. Easy off for shopping, and click back on rack for the ride home. Thanks again

Back