Storm shipping on schedule

Llcjay

my notification from The Storm team shows a lot of boxed eBikes loaded and ready for shipping, on May 30. That is a impressive sight, and accomplishment.

Congratulations to Storm!

Has there been a new update? something more than the 31st May update showing Ivars standing behind a truck with boxes showing in the back of the container?

This could have gone in the fact finding thread I think?

Is it March 15th? Just kidding, delays are not a cardinal sin, because things happen.

What's in the boxes? That's the real question. A quality bike for every supporter? That would be something to crow about.

Given the way the seller has misrepresented the bike, the specifications and the character of the Founder, I think "whats inside the box" is the big question.

I hope there is something more than hot air in there, I hope its not a staged picture. Given Storms past exploits, at this point, I'd find it hard to trust a few pictures that just don't show enough to be sure.

Storm has to deliver an acceptable bike to each and every backer and pay all his bills (IE 2.0) before he passes the test.

No pictures of the final production bike in completed rideable form (the yellow bike in China was obviously not a final production bike).

No Bikes delivered to customers, or any real time frame on when that might happen (IE no real time frame mentioned for shipping the "boxes").

No Real ideas on what final specifications of the bike will be or what it will ride like, it has changed markedly from the display bike..

No mention of quantity of bikes produced so far, or how many will be produced / shipped per month

Way too early to be counting your chickens Llcjay

What really confused me was the email they sent last week. Their most recent email says that they have NOT even shipped all of them but that they simply finished production. They also said that defferent colors get shipped at different dates. Was that email for wave 2? Because im wave 1. Thanks

Seems to me they might have made a logistical decision to ship by color instead of by the designated waves?

Makes me scared for the wave bike buyers considering they had so many customizations every bike beyond the base orders is going to be different.

Seems to me they might have made a logistical decision to ship by color instead of by the designated waves?

Makes me scared for the wave bike buyers considering they had so many customizations every bike beyond the base orders is going to be different.
So does that mean that the one email with the picture of hundreds of boxes was fake?

The last email concerned wave 1, it didn't say that all production was finished, it said production of all COMPONENTS was finished, they still have to put them together... Seems a little odd to me that they would do it that way, but not unheard of. you probably wont see your bike til August. whether Storm can produce enough bikes whilst staying solvent and how good those bikes are, those are entirely different questions. Good Luck.

How on earth would you come to that conclusion based on what I stated?
Because in the email with the boxes and the truck it said that shipping is finished "as promised" an that our bikes should srrive in the next couple of weeks. However, based on what you're saying, they havent even finished peoduction if all bikes for wave 1 so that wouldnt be possible.

I was simply stating it would be logistically easier on their part to send all bikes of one color, address and send them, then send the next color. Nothing implied thanks, no conspiracy theories here.

I was simply stating it would be logistically easier on their part to send all bikes of one color, address and send them, then send the next color. Nothing implied thanks, no conspiracy theories here.
Yea i just really hope we all (especially wave 1) get our ebikes in a timely manner(this minth kr next month.) that is if we get them at all.

I know I'm getting my bike in a couple of weeks...because I'm not getting this one. Glad I didn't give it a second thought, it was a terrible design of a fat bike from the start, all other issues aside.

I do hope everyone who contributed gets their bike and it lives up to their expectations.

Did you get any email indicating that your bike shipped?

I have a acquaintance who ordered this bike but I do not know what 'wave' he is in. I checked with him last week and his reply was he has not gotten any indicator yet that his bike shipped. I hope he gets his as I am dying to check it out in person. :)

Yea i just really hope we all (especially wave 1) get our ebikes in a timely manner(this minth kr next month.) that is if we get them at all.

didn't they say they would send shipping confirmation when the bikes are with UPS (or whoever is freighting them) in the states?

Will do. I think the StormTroopers should just send me one of the bikes and I'll review it and then donate it to whomever they wish or my choice. :)

Will do. I think the StormTroopers should just send me one of the bikes and I'll review it and then donate it to whomever they wish or my choice. :)
Oh, no no no, they have a huge list of charities they plan to give to:rolleyes: Maybe Court can hold an EBR picnic in his backyard for us to try his:)

Back