Storing My Neo for 3 Months

Auzon

I need to store my Neo Synapse for 3 months. Can I just leave it or does someone have to come by and plug it in once in a while? Maybe I need to take the battery out?

I stored my ebike with a charged battery over the winter and it was fine. It is an Espin Sport, 500 watt hub motor.

I stored my ebike with a charged battery over the winter and it was fine. It is an Espin Sport, 500 watt hub motor.
That's great to hear. I did read that it might be best to store the bike at 50% charge but I didn't understand why exactly. Anyway, I will do what you did and just leave it in the garage. Thanks.

That's great to hear. I did read that it might be best to store the bike at 50% charge but I didn't understand why exactly. Anyway, I will do what you did and just leave it in the garage. Thanks.
It is not good to store these batteries at full charge. 60 or 70 % is better for the battery. That is the prevailing wisdom anyway. There are threads somewhere if you search that will go into the science of it all. 👍

Our Bosch batteries “wintered“ at 50-60% in their nice red toolbox! 🧰
And they were wrapped in a nice substantial fiberglass fire proof mat!
D71A22A5-0481-4C93-A88D-8053316B8A5D.jpeg

Last edited:
I would not store it at full charge. As others have said approximately 62% is the recommended charge for storage.
These recommendations comes from the cell manufacturer. Samsung recommends 55% - 68%

Check the manual for your charger. My Giant and Shimano chargers have an option that will put the battery in “storage mode” (basically charge/discharge it to 65% for long term storage).

Back