New member with Cannondale Synapse Neo SE

MdgColorado

Region
USA
Hello all, I'm Mark from Longmont, Colorado USA. Turning 70 soon, I've been riding since the 1960's and just took possession of a 2000 Cannondale Synapse Neo SE. A return to REI after one ride in late 2021, it had sat on the floor for all these months, marked down a few times all the way to $2320. According to the Cannondale wheel sensor, it had just one ride by the original owner, then an occasional test ride. I got it with about 30 miles on it.

Here the story takes an unfortunate turn. Right out of the REI store, I rode 3000 feet up a canyon outside Boulder CO, then on the way down, I went down on a sandy curve. Got a few fractures and light concussion, and spent 2 nights in hospital. The bike came out pretty well, with scuffed brake lever bodies and a sheared derailleur hanger. I'll know more in a few weeks when I can ride again.

Ride safe, folks - safer than I did!

Top of the climb, near Gold Hill CO:
PXL_20230529_220634681.jpg

That is an awesome deal! 👍
Sorry to hear about your crash. Hope you mend quickly and get out on your new bike.
One of my bikes is a Cannondale Topstone Neo Lefty 3.

The bike deal left you in a state of (good) luck excess — which Nature of course abhors. The unfortunate crash got you back to luck deficit — which Nature generally seems to be OK with. May Nature leave you alone for a while.

Welcome aboard! Lived in Denver for 20 years till 2020. Once back in the saddle, you'll be ebiking the Front Range! Can only imagine that scenery from a bike.

The bike deal left you in a state of (good) luck excess — which Nature of course abhors. The unfortunate crash got you back to luck deficit — which Nature generally seems to be OK with. May Nature leave you alone for a while.

Welcome aboard! Lived in Denver for 20 years till 2020. Once back in the saddle, you'll be ebiking the Front Range! Can only imagine that scenery from a bike.
It all makes sense now! Thanks to all for the welcome.

Back