Stock fat tire/tube - keep or upgrade?

I had this retailer bookmarked on my work PC, and this 20x4 Chaoyang tire is remarkably close to the Origin8 Supercell. Unfortunately, they only ship within the European Union so you'll need to know someone over there that can them forward them to wherever you are.

On Chaoyang's website the tire is called Sand Storm and it comes in both 26x4 and 20x4 in both folding (120 TPI) and wire bead (30-60 TPI). Unfortunately, they don't sell direct.

I saw someone replace their RadMini tires with the Chaoyangs but even he mentioned it's no longer available in the States.

I have almost 1,700 miles on my Sondors with 26x 4.9 tires. No flats. Depends on what kind of path your ride, and what part of the country you ride in. If you have goat head thorns or trees like locust with thorns where you ride, then flats are common. I ride on paved and groomed crushed rock trails.

I'll be riding mainly pavement in NYC for commuting so I really don't need the bulky tires while announcing my arrival. Tbh I only opted for the fat tire for the look heh. I'll be riding pavement but obviously there is debris on the roads, whether it's broken glass, nails or what not.

Does anyone have any experience with Schwinn Stingray Chopper replacement tires? I read 4.25" will still fit. Anyone out there with any experience in either scenarios?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20X4-1-4-O...278928&hash=item3d659928ce:g:lLoAAOSw~4taeVE8

Back