Step-through, 20” fat tire, less than 2k

Eesa

This Post heading is what I am looking for. I don’t have an opinion as to 3” vs 4” fat tires. This bike is primarily for use with a Promaster camper van I.e. exploring, some light off-road, etc. Going over 20 mph is not required, but having that capability would be a nice option to have. I do want throttle. It does not need to fold, but I’m not opposed. I am 5’4”, 145 lb female. I live on the east coast so it’s not easy to see/test many of these bikes. I’d like to spend no more than $2k including accessories (e.g. the Rad is $1,500 but requires a few hundred of additional accessories, whereas the Veego 750 is $2,000, but doesn’t require much more). The most obvious options I see are:
  • RadMini step-through
  • Veego fat, semi-fat and 750
  • SYKL C750 ST
I would appreciate any advice on the above options or other options.

Thank you!

New Lectric-xp Step-Thru

pre-order September delivery

New Lectric-xp Step-Thru

pre-order September delivery

I’ve added this bike to my list!

Reactions: BET
I really like my VeeGo 750. Bought March, 2019, but only have a little over 900 miles on it. Customer support is excellent. All emails have been answered within twenty-four hours and usually the same day. The only option you really need is a suspension seat post.

I really like my VeeGo 750. Bought March, 2019, but only have a little over 900 miles on it. Customer support is excellent. All emails have been answered within twenty-four hours and usually the same day. The only option you really need is a suspension seat post.
Thanks for the comment on your experience. Curious ... since that version doesn’t fold and is 69 pounds, how do you transport it when you go somewhere? Some sort of low/user friendly bike rack that it rolls onto?

I think it is called a Black Widow. It is actually a dirt bike rack that weighs only 34 pounds but can carry 400 pounds. You would need a 2” receiver on your vehicle. I use cinch straps to secure the bike, much easier than ratchet straps and just as secure. I bought it either from Amazon or etrailer for about $140.00. I can load or unload the bike solo in less than two minutes. The bike has traveled over 5,000 miles on it with no issues.

Attachments

• D826796C-D0BA-452E-89D3-E7E672A21361.jpeg
    D826796C-D0BA-452E-89D3-E7E672A21361.jpeg
    550 KB · Views: 437
Easa just curious if you decided in your bike. As I have some of the same requirements.
I went with the Lectric step through. I’ve had it for a few weeks now. Still experimenting with it, but so far I like it and it meets my needs.

This Post heading is what I am looking for. I don’t have an opinion as to 3” vs 4” fat tires. This bike is primarily for use with a Promaster camper van I.e. exploring, some light off-road, etc. Going over 20 mph is not required, but having that capability would be a nice option to have. I do want throttle. It does not need to fold, but I’m not opposed. I am 5’4”, 145 lb female. I live on the east coast so it’s not easy to see/test many of these bikes. I’d like to spend no more than $2k including accessories (e.g. the Rad is $1,500 but requires a few hundred of additional accessories, whereas the Veego 750 is $2,000, but doesn’t require much more). The most obvious options I see are:
  • RadMini step-through
  • Veego fat, semi-fat and 750
  • SYKL C750 ST
I would appreciate any advice on the above options or other options.

Thank you!
Espin Nero is something you might consider.... And CSC fat tire bike.

Ask I would love to hear your reading on your decision as it could help the rest of us. lol
i joined the Facebook group for Lectric bikes, and overall everyone seemed really happy with their choice. I also saw that some people use vinyl tape to cover up the Lectric logo, which really bugged me, so that was helpful. Given that I wasn’t able to actually go out and try some of these bikes, I got into analysis paralysis looking for the right/perfect bike on paper, and decided I just needed to buy something, recognizing it might not be perfect, but probably close enough. With that approach, the price of the Lectric bike is really attractive. I was tired of thinking about it by that point and purchased!

ps - I had already done a lot of comparison on motors, batteries, weight, company reputation, etc, and none of that had led me to a definitive decision, thus the above approach.

i joined the Facebook group for Lectric bikes, and overall everyone seemed really happy with their choice. I also saw that some people use vinyl tape to cover up the Lectric logo, which really bugged me, so that was helpful. Given that I wasn’t able to actually go out and try some of these bikes, I got into analysis paralysis looking for the right/perfect bike on paper, and decided I just needed to buy something, recognizing it might not be perfect, but probably close enough. With that approach, the price of the Lectric bike is really attractive. I was tired of thinking about it by that point and purchased!

ps - I had already done a lot of comparison on motors, batteries, weight, company reputation, etc, and none of that had led me to a definitive decision, thus the above approach.
that is funny as that is where I am now..in analysis paralysis. two other friends basically looked at RADRover and Rad Stepthrough...and ordered today!
I am still researching. :(

I bought an Lectric XP in black and gave it to my son for graduation. He has added Motocross bars and this weekend is installing front suspension.He wants to use the carbon wrap and cover the Lectric logo not so much because he does not like the look or approve of the company, but because he feels the Lectric logo advertises "come steal me"...

I bought an Lectric XP in black and gave it to my son for graduation. He has added Motocross bars and this weekend is installing front suspension.He wants to use the carbon wrap and cover the Lectric logo not so much because he does not like the look or approve of the company, but because he feels the Lectric logo advertises "come steal me"...
Just curious what is it with the company he doesn’t like

Back