Stealthy Cruiser EBike

I finished the bike this morning, and went for a ride to test the range of the battery. There's no tricking the laws of physics. I got a 7ah battery, and I used up 60% of it in turbo mode. I was riding fairly fast so there was a bit of wind resistance, and I went about 7.4 miles. So I'll plan accordingly, and take a 2nd battery if necessary. Didn't do any fancy wiring yet... does it look stealthy?

IMG_5174.JPG

I finished the bike this morning, and went for a ride to test the range of the battery. There's no tricking the laws of physics. I got a 7ah battery, and I used up 60% of it in turbo mode. I was riding fairly fast so there was a bit of wind resistance, and I went about 7.4 miles. So I'll plan accordingly, and take a 2nd battery if necessary. Didn't do any fancy wiring yet... does it look stealthy?

View attachment 136847
Thats a beauty. Wonder what she weighs? 45lbs?

For ideas and inspiration, I am going to show two bikes. The first is a chopper like a Sting Ray but large enough for a big man. The second is red with painted zip ties for stealth. It is not just the Ah, the grade of batteries makes a big difference in the shape of the decline curve. Premium cells hold onto the plateau longer.

Attachments

• CruseFat2 (2).JPG
    CruseFat2 (2).JPG
    427 KB · Views: 162
  • CruseFat7.JPG
    CruseFat7.JPG
    408.1 KB · Views: 163
  • PublicV7Electric.JPG
    PublicV7Electric.JPG
    569.4 KB · Views: 169
I saw some red cable ties on Amazon. I'll probably pick up some of those. Additionally I am thinking about redoing the top bracket to get the bottle further away from the downtube.

The weight is currently 46.6 lbs. 21.1Kg

@PedalUma The PublicV7 is especially nice and clean! I'll need to get some of that invisible paint that you've been using!

I saw some red cable ties on Amazon. I'll probably pick up some of those. Additionally I am thinking about redoing the top bracket to get the bottle further away from the downtube.

The weight is currently 46.6 lbs. 21.1Kg

@PedalUma The PublicV7 is especially nice and clean! I'll need to get some of that invisible paint that you've been using!
That's the ultimate beach cruiser mike. Now we just need pics from the strand or boardwalk...

I love the Cruiser! Great work. You can see a zip tie if you know where to look on that Public V7. Zoom the right chain stay at its mid-point, then move an inch forward and see where its view crosses the red painted rim. That is a zip tie! The owner is a stoner and crashed that bike at 2 AM in San Francisco. He also ran it in Turbo in the highest gear all the time without shifting in San Francisco. Now he does not have the money to fix it.

View attachment 136847
where did you get the bottle battery?

I’ve got a little Q100 hub motor in the wings that is stealth to me. It’s smaller than band brakes assembles. But I have noticed people look at myBBS01 and don’t “see” the motor

i do like the build!

View attachment 136847
Slick build, some red zip ties and that is about as stealth as you can get.
was your whole ride on turbo? Terrain? I am guessing on lower levels you could probably squeeze 20 miles or so out of one of those batteries.

what display do you have with 5 levels? I have a C3 display that has 5 levels but my other displays (LCD5 and XH18) have 4 levels of assist. The C3 is a nice display with good functionality but I don't see it listed for sale anymore.

Any company can have the displays created with a company name FWIW

Back