Stealthy Cruiser EBike

I'm still out riding. Supposed to rain tomorrow and maybe Thursday. No complaints, we need it, and a lot more. The ars seat is good for this bike. I've had the Cadillac bike for many years. Got it when my wife could ride her Schwinn Cruiser Six bike so I could ride with her. It has mostly sat in a shed for the past several years though. Still a fun bike

Get your rides in while you can... Soon you'll have to resign yourself to walking around the block, hoping everyone shoveled their sidewalks. (They didn't! ha!) Did you see the post on the last page about the Serfas seat?

Mike...

I'm not familiar with serfas.
We don't get much snow here. Just a couple events a year although we had heavy snow in April that damaged fruit crops from what I've heard.
My backyard in April. Took down a lot of branches
Dogs had fun
IMG_20220411_073529052.jpg
IMG_20220417_155535796.jpg
IMG_20220411_073421210.jpg

I goofed off and went on a ride, had big lunch and read a book in the sun while drinking some very good coffee. Nice pups. I like to look at snow up in the mountains 100k to the North a couple of times a year while going for a ride. It is a lot like looking at a high maintenance fashion model. Nice to see but not so great to have to deal with. I will work on the Trek in the morning.

And it is red. I love it.
With the red Trek I could not install the chainring. WTF! I couldn't even get one screw through the spider. So I got out my calipers. Incompatible. It is because I was trying to install a normal TSDZ2 spider. The TSDZ2'B' V-5 has an improved spider design. It has a ring that recesses into the motor with a seal. The bolt pattern is also smaller. It tried turning the installed ring by hand - supper smooth. Zero play. But in the reverse direction there is a lot of resistance and you can feel the new duel clutch system. This one is 48V, 750W. I am just waiting for the chain to arrive. It should be here in one hour. The insidious thing about that large river in South America is that it is so easy. I ordered the chain last night.
1664394858851.jpeg

Correction: The new duel clutch motor has more resistance pedaling forward when unassisted. It is about twice the resistance of the regular motor.
Do you know why they made changes? It would seem that more resistance pedaling without assist is a bad thing. So now there are two one way clutches in the main gear? Maybe to eliminate the small one way bearing in the blue nylon gear that runs off of the motor shaft? If the large one way clutch in the outer portion of the main gear takes the place of the small one way bearing in the blue gear it would explain extra friction (?) but should also be much more robust than the one way bearing in the blue gear. I might have it all wrong though.
1664397567091.png

Self-doubt goes a long way. I may have simply overpack the sealed channel with lithium grease in my grease enthusiasm. I was just working it for a bunch of revolutions and it seams to have eased up as I went through a bunch of Q-tips wiping away grease that came out of the channel. I had never heard of a QNDZ2 until I saw it on a different motor today. It came from an unusual source in Colorado.
1664399551943.jpeg

Attachments

• QNDZ2 48V.JPG
    QNDZ2 48V.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 137
I need to start thinking about bags and baskets soon too!
I regularly check sierra.com
I scored some really nice closeouts with deep discounts. Sadly like so many other successes another mega corp bought them out. But due diligence still scores, just not as often and deep…

I am scoring BikeSmart double wide panniers for $30. They should be more like $70. They have 3M reflective stripes on the sides and back, are easy to take on and off, and have adjustable D-rings with bungees so they don't flop against the side of a rack. Mike, I finished the red Trek. The chain arrive 30-minutes ago. This thread is really about your beautiful Schwinn build. I just thought it was cool that we were both working on Fire Engine Red bikes at the same time.

I didn't make much progress today... I had to move dirt and plant grass... you know how that goes... But I did manage to drop the motor into the frame. And that took longer than expected because the Luna eccentric adapters added some width to the bb, so I had to cut some custom spacers to mount behind the mounting plate. It all takes time! but here's what it looks like. Hopefully I can make more progress tomorrow!

IMG_5172.JPG

I didn't make much progress today... I had to move dirt and plant grass... you know how that goes... But I did manage to drop the motor into the frame. And that took longer than expected because the Luna eccentric adapters added some width to the bb, so I had to cut some custom spacers to mount behind the mounting plate. It all takes time! but here's what it looks like. Hopefully I can make more progress tomorrow!

View attachment 136811
Does Schwinn make an electric bike of their own? I used to have a Lemon Peeler as a kid. That would be a fun ebike!

How about an orange or coal krate?
Single speed available on amazon for $650, looks like an easy TSDZ2 conversion.
I dreamed of one of these Sting-Ray bikes as a kid but was doomed to my older sisters' hand me down bikes. They never rode them but I did all over the place, in some degree of shame for riding a step thru "girls" bike.
1664591231250.png

Back