Standard battery number of cells?

I believe it is 52 type 18650 2600 mah 3.7 volt LiPo's. 13 of these batteries in series equals 48.1 volts. Four sets of these in parallel equals 10,400 mah, or 10.4 amps. This is just my best guess based on common, inexpensive, reliable, rechargable batteries. It could be totally different, but based on the physical size of the battery packs this would work. If this is the case, you could theoretically replace them with 3500mah cells and get a 48 volt, 14,000mah or 14 amp battery pack. Again, although both size ratings are common for ebikes, I am just speculating based on my experience with rechargable cells.

Last edited:
That makes sense. I was trying to figure out a way to gauge the recharge using the voltmeter in the display. Would like to be able to bring it up to about 75%. Hard to do, since the charger is either red or green. Wonder what voltage it switches color?

I think it is very close to 54.6v for the color change. I've been playing with my wifes new bike, and after getting a reading of 54.3-4v, I put it on the charger and it was red for about half an hour before going green.

Back