ST5 Battery

Larry Ohlmann

I just purchased a ST5 and have discovered it has the 814 Wh battery, not the 983 Wh. Before I make an issue with the dealer, is this possible or has someone changed out the battery?

I just purchased a ST5 and have discovered it has the 814 Wh battery, not the 983 Wh. Before I make an issue with the dealer, is this possible or has someone changed out the battery?

This kind of mixup happens because Stromer ships the battery separately sometimes to the dealer and the dealer might have mixed it up or forgotten to install the 983whr battery.
The 814whr gold battery is used on the ST2 LTD, ST3 bikes.
But, do talk to them and they will resolve this. The default battery on an ST5 is 983Whr blue battery.

How can you change out the battery without making an issue with the dealer? I imagine you would have to contact the dealer first.

Also when you ordered it, did your receipt say you bought a bike with 983wh battery?
No, the receipt only shows an ST5, no reference to anything else.

This kind of mixup happens because Stromer ships the battery separately sometimes to the dealer and the dealer might have mixed it up or forgotten to install the 983whr battery.
The 814whr gold battery is used on the ST2 LTD, ST3 bikes.
But, do talk to them and they will resolve this. The default battery on an ST5 is 983Whr blue battery.
Thanks

Back