ST2s USB Port Issues

Laptop-guy

Hi,

Just got my new Stromer ST2-S. I am really enjoying the power and control this bike offers. The super headlight, GPS, Anti-Theft are all bonuses.. I am having issue with the USB port connection however. Anything I plug into it is only powered for about 5 seconds and then the port shuts down. CHange cable, devices, etc, nothing will get power from it. I have to powercycle the bike before the USB resets and then it shutdown again when I plug anything into it. Even the small USB charger for the Shimano XTR electric shifter wont charge with it. I've tried a little USB book light and it lights up when the bike is first turned on then slowly fades out and off.
Maybe theres is some setting somewhere for it that I can not find? The manual pretty much states its plug and go.. Just curios if anyone else has had issues with this and knows a fix?

Thanks,
Steven

It sounds like there may be a faulty USB cable. Take it to the local dealer you bought it from and they can run the electrical diagnosis.

Thank you for the reply.. I do suspect some internal cable or electrical issue. I alerted the dealer/shop yesterday when I noticed it.. I got his first ST2-S model so he's forwarded the issue to Stromer support. I just thought I would post here in case other Stromer owners have experienced similar and have advise.
If anyone has the S and their USB is fully working and will keep their cell phone or device charged while riding please let me know.. I am trying to determine if my experience with it is unique and if, issue is resolved, I can count on it working for keeping my cell charge up.

I also noticed I can not set the clock on mine. It has the options to set it but immediately after entering my local time it changes to something 10ish hours and several minutes off. When I set it it seems it did not take the new time at all; the options are limited to scroll hours and minutes to correct time and hit OK. Soon as I do it immediately reverts to the time it had before. Can'f figure that out, its not a time zone thing.. Anyone else see that with the clock?

Thanks

I have the "S" model and have about 200 miles on it now. I have the identical problem you describe with the clock setting. I just sent an email to Stromer about the clock issue and will let you know what I hear.

I have not tried the USB port, but now after reading your post, I will try it tomorrow and report back.

Just tried the USB port, it works fine on my bike. I hooked up my Garmin Edge 810 cycle computer and it charged from the Stromer port just fine, I left it on long enough that the Garmin battery charged from 75% to 78% while I was mucking around with the clock setting menu. So I do suspect that you may have a wiring issue or something going on with your USB port.

The clock setting issue is strange - I even tried putting my wife's ST2 battery in my ST2S to see if it made a difference with clock setting but no luck.

Thanks MB.
Thanks for checking on your USB port. I'm not happy mine does not work but I am happy that its not an inherent problem so I can expect mine to be fixed at some time. Also thank you for confirming the clock is a more common issue.. Please do let me know when you hear something back. At least with that a firmware update can resolve the problem. Having the ST2s software/firmware wirelessly update is a great feature I never gave much thought about until an issue like this is discovered.

Email reply from Stromer Service concerning ST2-S clock setting:

Thank you for the email.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our Engineering Dept is aware of this issue and they are currently working on a solution. Once we have this solved, your bike will be automatically sent the updated firmware to fix the clock issue.

I can not set the clock on mine. It has the options to set it but immediately after entering my local time it changes to something. When I set it it seems it did not take the new time at all; the options are limited to scroll hours and minutes to correct time and hit OK. Soon as I do it immediately reverts to the time it had before.

Thanks

This was the case for me as well. The clock on the computer of the ST2S would not store any correction of the time; which was way off.
Yesterday, I received a update on the bike. Afer that; the clock-bug was fixed, meaning time can be changed and stored. Thanks Stromer.

What I do not know, is if this fix/ update came because my inquiry to my Stromer-dealer; or if it would have comed anyways.

This was the case for me as well. The clock on the computer of the ST2S would not store any correction of the time; which was way off.
Yesterday, I received a update on the bike. Afer that; the clock-bug was fixed, meaning time can be changed and stored. Thanks Stromer.

What I do not know, is if this fix/ update came because my inquiry to my Stromer-dealer; or if it would have comed anyways.
Either way Nice they finally fixed it. I know my dealer had made a request to Stromer as well.. The clock being off has bugged me since I first mentioned it back in May.. More that something is not working right then I need a clock..
Sadly, I have not got that update.. I haven't got a "G"PRS symbol on my connection in two weeks.. I get bars but no GPRS connection for recent updates. Used to be every other day I unlock it and it has an update pending, now none. Also my OMNI app on my phone says my bike has not been online in two weeks. I can not connect and send tuning updates or have confidence in theft mode features.
I want to get my clock fix update. Anybody know a way to kick start that connection again.. I've tried pulling the battery, numerous restarts nothing seems to reset it. I always had G connection in the past right where I park it and charge it every night. Curious if others have noticed a drop in the signal.

i dont have a drop in signal and i have the "G" on my screen... but i'm afraid i am on an old firmware. i've never seen the bike prompt me for a firmware update and i believe there was something pushed out on Aug 9? i never got that. :(

Hi

I have recently received my ST2 (standard, not the S) and I am also experiencing the exact same USB charging problem. The other thing I have notices is that my daytime running lights are off. They were on at some point before many firmware updates (we I first got the bike I was running a very old firmware and they did multiple one after the other).
Have anyone heard back from them concerning the USB issue ?

Back