ST2 theft mode

Nebster

I had a strange situation last night where my ST2 got into theft mode (not sure how, actually, since it was locked to a big pole) and my phone's app was stuck in "unlocking theft mode" from a previous unlock that I had to do a few months ago. It took me a long time to figure out that I needed to log out of the app and log back into Stromer's server to get it to send a fresh unlock command to the bike.

This got me thinking about engaging Lock Mode and getting in a Theft lockout in an area where either the bike doesn't have a cell signal or my phone isn't available. After speaking with Stromer, it sounds like you're up the creek in this case. Be careful!

you may enter a code you have set up on the keypad that will unlock your bike too. With a ST2 never leave home without your phone with the app and a key to remove your battery

you may enter a code you have set up on the keypad that will unlock your bike too. With a ST2 never leave home without your phone with the app and a key to remove your battery

This is only true when the bike is locked. Once the bike enters theft mode, we are out of luck. As for the key, that allows you to take the battery out so the bike rolls, but it doesn't give you a way to ride home (unless you want to dead-pedal a Stromer).

The key is to take out your battery for a reset , certainly not to ride, at least for me. You are correct about the the theft mode thanks for correcting me. My wife accidentally did it to me on a ride when she was looking for me but undid it as I was inputting the code, so I forgot it would not have worked

Yeah, definitely need a key in case the software locks up and needs a reboot.

Don't forget a rubber band or strap so you can keep the battery door closed when the battery is not in the bike! Sigh...

It's almost as if the Stromer product team hasn't truly used the bike on a daily basis. It would be really nice if they would provide a way for customers to communicate with them and influence the development. Everybody on here knows about all these issues, but we have no way to know if Stromer actually hears us.

Back