ST2 Handle bar adjustmets

Cory151

Anybody raised the bars up on there ST2 (or even swapped bars) to get a slightly more up right riding position?

Yes. I had the LBS put in a small riser - kept the same handlebars. Much more comfortable for my neck and shoulder. I'm still not 100% happy with the riding position, but it could be I have my saddle too far back.

Yes. I had the LBS put in a small riser - kept the same handlebars. Much more comfortable for my neck and shoulder. I'm still not 100% happy with the riding position, but it could be I have my saddle too far back.

What's LBS?

Sorry - Local Bike Store. I bought my ST1 at a store in a bordering state (my LBS doesn't sell Stromer), but wanted them to help with the fit.

I've added a 3" riser. I wish I could do 5", but the cables won't stretch quite far enough. I could only find shiny black - any one know where to get flat back 3" riser bar?

I had this discussion with the product manager. It's not recommended to use riser bars unless you change the brake & shifter cables. Just like Specialized Turbo, the riding position designed to be slightly aggressive for taller riders.

I've added a 3" riser. I wish I could do 5", but the cables won't stretch quite far enough. I could only find shiny black - any one know where to get flat back 3" riser bar?

You added a 3" riser to your ST2? Where'd you get it? Or did your LBS provide it?

It is a sunlight alloy mtb supplied by LBS. Women tend to have longer legs/shorter torsos than men. Bike makers shouldn't ignore proportions of half the population. :(

It is a sunlight alloy mtb supplied by LBS. Women tend to have longer legs/shorter torsos than men. Bike makers shouldn't ignore proportions of half the population. :(

I hope you're riding the 17" comfort model. The design is particularly suited for ladies.

I'm 5'10" so with the 17" comfort I would have to have the seat post extended all the way out. And the geometry of the reach isn't any different. I am open to advice.

Back