St2 Big Ben OEM"s

David1

Just about time to need some new tires. Would be nice to have the same Big Ben"s ( high performance with green guard ) that The St 2 came witb put on. As these the finest tires that I have ever riden on. Anyone know of a source to aquire these ? Or were these a one time promotional deal Stromer made with Swalbe as both their names are on the balloon tire. Dealer seems to be unable to locate. Thanks for any help.

Thanks Evident for the link. I'm in the U.S. The rear is getting pretty worn, I'm at 873 miles on them.

873 miles doesn't seem like much. Can you post a photo? I've got 2300 miles on mine and they seem fine. Perhaps I don't know what to look for.

I ride with panniers often with serious weight. I can barely lift the rear over curbs. Im not tech. enough to post pics., but the center tread is almost gone on rear . Front is fine, I think I might have them rotated. Also summer temps. reached over 100 Fahrenheit here which makes for some scorching asphalt. And tread is what gives you traction, which gives you confidence ,and safety, worth the price of new tires. I learned that through motorcycling you want good rubber on the road small patch we ride on.

Last edited:
I ride with panniers often with serious weight. I can barely lift the rear over curbs. Im not tech. enough to post pics., but the center tread is almost gone on rear . Front is fine, I think I might have them rotated. Also summer temps. reached over 100 Fahrenheit here which makes for some scorching asphalt. And tread is what gives you traction, which gives you confidence ,and safety, worth the price of new tires. I learned that through motorcycling you want good rubber on the road small patch we ride on.

Wow, I have about 1400 miles on my ST2 and typically ride above 22mph. I can't notice any wear whatsoever. Must be some really serious weight. I fooled around with air pressure settings and found 50psi to be just perfect.

I rotated my Big Bens today, and as I had predicted the original St2 tires with high performance and green guard have much stiffer side walls than the Big Bens that are available at my ebike dealer. My rear tire was rubbing on the frame ( kickstand side). Barely any gouge , so no compromise on integrity. 1 - 10 difficulty on switch, Ill give it a 7, only because it took forever to get the through bolt to line up on the other side. I see why it shifts so quickley now ,I could hardly pull the derailer back the spring is so strong. Im glad I spent the big bucks on my 1st ebike. The Swiss quality of craftsmanship really stands out on disassembly. Ill check my psi. thanks 86, I think that's about what I'm running.

Has anyone ordered these tires from elektrofahrad24 yet? I want to make sure they are actually shipping the Stromer branded-version with GreenGuard rather than the standard Big Ben without GreenGuard and flimsy sidewalls.

I have an ongoing order with them for some OEM tires Rick .I'll post what I recieve. I had my 1st punture on flimsy Big Bens , horrific sound as huge screw slammed into rear finder as it traveled around. Even made a slight dent on inside wheel . Got some Zefal foam tire sealant onboard for the future .

Thanks David. I look forward to hearing what tires you get. Hopefully you don't need to replace your rim! I got a big nail in mine last week and it made some minor metal damage near the lip of the rim during the couple of revolutions before I could come to a stop.

Not yet, order still ongoingggggg . I'll remember to post. Got to Demo Specialized Turbo Levo MTB ( Comp and Expert) , last weekend. Liked it, Like a Mt. Goat. To far to drive for legal trails to justify purchasing at this time.

I don't believe they are out yet. Schwalbe's website lists them as "new for 2017" and not currently in stock.

Tai

Back