36 volt or 48 volt , 20 or 28 mph both available, another proprietary stromer model battery?

It also shows that Stromer is "still healthy", which is always nice to hear....very!

36 volt or 48 volt , 20 or 28 mph both available, another proprietary stromer model battery?

I expect: 48V - 45km/h - battery door to the right (=easier handling, but no upgrading possible)

Stromer ... distributed by "Mway" (the local Swiss equivalent of Target), ... again ...

You may laugh, but m-way is already listed as a dealer - but only in the OMNI-app and not on the website...

@JayVee I agree, it's time to retire the UltraMotor with the BionX firmware - the ST2 motor does everything better.

Some follow up on the Swiss news: For the greatest joy of @bluecat the ST2s are now officially being sold again in the Swiss M-way supermarkets... Right next to the fruits and salads. :D

Of course, I'm joking about the fruits and salads part... In reality the bikes are sold in dedicated bike shops affiliated to "Migros", which could be described as the Swiss equivalent of Target or Walmart.

The "love affair" between Stromer and M-way has been a rather tumultuous one. After a somewhat bitter breakup a little over a year ago, the two companies have now struck a deal again. However they don't dare advertise it too much for fear that something might go wrong. There are no big PR announcements so far from what I can see. The bikes just keep silently popping up in the stores and in online catalogues. Even if some purists might frown upon the partnership, personally I think it's a win-win situation. The Stromers were some of the most sold e-bikes at M-Way (according to Geneva's online shop profile in 2014), and this deal gives Stromer some 20 additional sales points across Switzerland. I expect to see some very interesting clearance sales near xmas. So it should be good for customers too...

interesting, I rode the ST-1 on a 60 day trial, then returned it to move up to the ST2, based upon some of the comments appearing in this forum. I wish to give a huge shout out to all of the folks who participate. The information gleaned is so helpful, no matter the thread or discussion. I am very happy with my decision to move up to the ST-2. I was a bit worried initially by all of the electronics associated with the ST-2, but they seem quite remarkable at the moment. My ultimate sense remains that the price difference is worth it, better motor, larger battery and a host of other componentry that is improved, starting with the simple task of removing the rear wheel, upgraded crank set and shifters, better access to the front light, etc. larger rear cassette, etc.

I tested and almost opted for the ST1 however, the superior feel, and ride quality of the ST2 can't compare with the ST1. But the ST1 is aimed at the concious price budget individual. I love the ST2, just feels perfect in everyway possible. But what Stromer needs to do is to keep pricing for more consumers to be able to afford them. Paying 7k, etc is not what most people envision that's why the ebike market is flooded with different makes and models of ebikes. But Stromer is indeed in the cutting edge of engineering, performance, style, etc. Sadly, when I purchased my ST2 in the frame its states "Made in Taiwan?" huh? Oh well, what isn't made in Asia anymore is beyond me, but I'm sure that Stromer is enjoying the benefits of cost cutting, which I hope is being passed down to the consumer...

A large number of bicycle manufacturers have their frames made in either China or Taiwan and from what I have been given to understand, those frames made in Taiwan are preferable. I guess it comes under the category of if you can't beat them, join them. Haven ridden an old Raleigh International with chrome lugs and Campy Nuovo Record components for 25 years or so, followed by a wonderful Italian frame from Ciocc with Campy Super Record components, I am very happy with the quality of the Stromer ST -2. They have put a lot of thought into the design, and the componetry seems well fitted for the stress of the electric power and the weight of the bike. ( I have to admit however that it didn't take me very long to peel off the Made in Taiwan sticker).

A large number of bicycle manufacturers have their frames made in either China or Taiwan and from what I have been given to understand, those frames made in Taiwan are preferable. I guess it comes under the category of if you can't beat them, join them. Haven ridden an old Raleigh International with chrome lugs and Campy Nuovo Record components for 25 years or so, followed by a wonderful Italian frame from Ciocc with Campy Super Record components, I am very happy with the quality of the Stromer ST -2. They have put a lot of thought into the design, and the componetry seems well fitted for the stress of the electric power and the weight of the bike. ( I have to admit however that it didn't take me very long to peel off the Made in Taiwan sticker).

I removed the made in Taiwan almost immediately after purchase... ;)

For the greatest joy of @bluecat the ST2s are now officially being sold again in the Swiss M-way supermarkets...

I'm curious, if the owns of the Migros customer card could collect bonus-points at the m-way stores...

The benefit for Stromer rides is, that the m-way stores are specialized stores for electric bicycles. There are many real good bike stores, but a Stromer has only in rare cases problems with its bicycle components. And it's so sad to hear "Sorry, we must send the part / the whole Stromer to the companies HQ"

My Honda CR-V is made in the UK. I remember being sceptic about that, as I was kind of concerned about the Japanese quality which I have great respect for. I also remember when BMW and Mercedes began assembling/ manufacturing some of their models in the US: Many europeans were conserned about the "german" quality being challenged.

I believe it does not matter where a product is actually maschined/ mounted together; as long as the quality-control is 100 %. I firmly believe Mercedes, BMW and Stromer not would drag their brands down in the gutter by accepting less than premium quality also when production are done in other than the land of origin.

- The replacement of the ST1 will be an "ST2 light".

and maybe looks like this one?

upload_2016-7-31_14-11-5.png

And here we go:

upload_2016-8-18_13-0-27.png

Motor: 500W CYRO Drive mit 35NM
Akku: 618Wh / 4.5kg
Schaltung: Shimano SLX 11 Gang
Frontlicht: Roxim X4 EP
Rahmen: 17" / 20" / 22" / 17" Damen
Farben: Schwarz matt / Weiss / Orange

Preis: 5'390 Franken

Und OMNI ist mit dabei ;-)

Last edited:
The ST1`s still work at 36 volts, right ? Is the computer integrated in the frame on the x- model; like on the ST2 -bikes ? Hmmmm

I suspect that the peak output might be lower on the CYRO drive. It's just a guess though.

Possible; they make a cheaper and weaker version of the SYNO, but why should they?

If there was one sole motor, the same FW could apply for all Stromer. That's why I could imagine, the difference is nearby only a marketing / positioning issue.

upload_2016-8-18_18-47-52.png

Back