Surprisingly , the tires have not the reflective circle:

upload_2016-8-18_22-15-31.png

It looks like the front fork is not made of carbon, like the previous ST1 models.
One can see the welding lines near the bottom of the fork.

Last edited:
I was able to take a test ride on the ST1-X at Stromer USA's HQ.
Beautiful bike. Rides very similar to the ST2.
The CYRO motor is not as fancy as the SYNO motor. It has a different motor plug but still retains the thru-axle.
Slightly raised stem, aluminum fork instead of carbon, SLX -level drivetrain instead of the XT. But, it has the same OMNI and the motor system.
Overall, great features at a pricepoint of $4990 USD.

Sorry about the delay; only hours after receiving the ST1x dossier, I had to catch the plane towards Oslo. With my stay in Scandinavia, I missed the Eurobike. But with the Stromer in my mind, I've chosen an "greener" car, which runs at Stromer speed only electric:

upload_2016-9-6_18-54-11.png

But Norway is strange: In Oslo, where the rich people (Oil business?) live, you'll see Tesla S on every street corner. But on the countryside, wher the common people lives, you only see 4- and 5door sedans. No sports cars no cabriolet, seems to be no fun there (exept if you have a Stromer ;-)

It looks like the front fork is not made of carbon, like the previous ST1 models.

Yes, this is true!

The ST1x will come with the rigid fork. The ST1 will be continued - and still fitted with the carbon fork.

The ST1 is listed with 3'990 EUR. This price includes the 630Wh battery, 27 gear Shimano shifting, B+M front light and the classic ST1 motor.

The ST1x is listed with 4'990 EUR. This price includes the 618Wh battery, 11 gear Shimano shifting, Roxim front light and the "downsized" ST2 motor - and OMNI.

upload_2016-9-6_19-4-7.png

upload_2016-9-6_19-4-32.png

Personally, I believe the decision for the rigid fork is a major mistake. At 30 km/h with 2.5 Bar it might fit for a while. But at 45 km/h with 4 Bar? There were some reasons, why I've changed the rigid fork on my own Stromer with a FOX 100/32

Sorry about the delay; only hours after receiving the ST1x dossier, I had to catch the plane towards Oslo. With my stay in Scandinavia, I missed the Eurobike. But with the Stromer in my mind, I've chosen an "greener" car, which runs at Stromer speed only electric:

View attachment 9842

But Norway is strange: In Oslo, where the rich people (Oil business?) live, you'll see Tesla S on every street corner. But on the countryside, wher the common people lives, you only see 4- and 5door sedans. No sports cars no cabriolet, seems to be no fun there (exept if you have a Stromer ;-)

I live in a suburb of Oslo and got a 5 door sedan. No Tesla unfortunately. On the other hand I got a Stromer, which really bring me great enjoyment :)

About oil-bussinness: The "oil"-capitol of Norway;is Stavanger; which is located Far south in Norway, aprox. where Norway is closest to United Kingdom.

There are a lot of incentives from the Norwegian government to incourage & stimulate sales of electric veichles. There are no VAT or taxation at all on import & registration of electric veichles. When I bought my Stromer, I saved a considerable sum because of this, compared to for instance a swedish or german Stromer-owner.

Riding a Stomer is fun every day!

There are a lot of incentives from the Norwegian government to incourage & stimulate sales of electric veichles. There are no VAT or taxation at all on import & registration of electric veichles.

I've seen this e-car parking (nearby Akershus fortress / Oslo) several times in the past years. First, there were only very tiny cars with very short range /like the yellow car). Meanwhile, the picture changes: People disposed their first electric cars- and bought bigger ones...

upload_2016-9-6_20-44-5.png

Of course, you're right. Stavanger is the main helicopter base. As a tourist, I was impressed on the amount of Tesla S, the Opera, the Barcode and Tjuvholmen :)

As you've seen in the list above, there's a new charger for the square batteries. The difference is the charging current:

upload_2016-9-19_18-28-40.png

Unfortunately, it's not a small travel charger:

upload_2016-9-19_18-31-9.png

Personally, I believe, a ST2 or ST2s driven at 45km/h don't need this spare part. Nevertheless, here the official offer:

upload_2016-10-11_19-20-11.png

As stated above, the ST1x comes with the rigid aluminium fork. This might be so reason for an upgrade...

upload_2016-10-11_19-24-4.png

Some of us have replaced our carbon forks and may be willing to sell , mine is white...

Back