ST1T vs ST1 Platinum 2017

mathlete

Just came across ST1T and ST1 Platinum 2017 sale. They told they'll assemble the bike with the most recent components. The price is same ($2351). Another shop is selling Platinum 2018 for $2100 ? I am confused which one to choose and if this is a good deal. Any suggestions would be helpful.

st1 has a 250w motor from what I can see. If you provide links to the specs it would be helpful. I think you're splitting hairs price wise, $250 isn't much. Why not go for the 2018 ST1 Platinum for $2100?

Thank you for the comment. For some reason the nominal output is wrongly listed on EBR review for ST1T as 250W. I created a table summarizing the differences (attached below).

Also, apart from cost I'd like to know your recommendations for my setting: I am a student currently, most of the commutes are short two miles one way from home to campus, 2-3 two way trips per day. I live in Texas so summer temperatures reach 100 degrees and rains are heavy sometimes during the fall semester, the bike racks aren't covered near my office building. The roads are flat but some areas don't have good road lights. And of course there is high risk of bike being stolen (but not as high as in austin and university police regularly patrols where I'll be parking on campus and there is constant foot traffic on near sidewalks) and I'll be adding smarthalo. I am mostly concerned about the rains though, I don't know if stromer is good choice for texas weather. I like the stromer design but I'm looking for a bike that'll last me atleast 5 years (except the battery maybe). I weigh 125 lb.

I don't know much about ebikes but I was thinking elite 2017 (column 4) might be a good choice given the battery and size, travel distance and overall cost. But I don't know how important Schlummp crank or supernva integrated lights are. Also I am 5'7.5" so should I choose 17' or 20' stromer?

Attachments

• Specs.pdf
    100.1 KB · Views: 692
Thanks @Ravi Kempaiah ! The best deal I could find for Stromer ST1-X is $3500. Being a college student, I can't afford it. The only choices I have are ST1-T, ST1 Platinum and ST1 Elite 2017.

Rajan.

Howdy mathlete. Just wanted to fill you in my experience, I was looking at those ebay Stromer ST1 bikes too. I broke down and bought one. It arrived today and was NEW, and I mean brand spanking new in factory packaging. Never been assembled at all. For under $1600, they are a steal. This is my second ebike, my first was Prodeco (which I like, they don't pretend to be anything they aren't and are cheap), and I can tell you this thing is lightyears beyond my last bike. It included the upgraded 630wh battery and the B&M city kit (lights, fenders, and luggage rack) I don't really have any miles on it yet, but I feel like it was a really good deal. I can't say for sure they are all the in the same condition, but this one had clearly never been used.

Last edited:
Howdy skidmarkart!

Congrats on the new bike and thanks so much for sharing that. I was on the fence but decided to go ahead with it after seeing your comment. The was some coupon on ebay so total came out to be 1546 for me.

I do have some more good news for you. I contacted the seller and asked him if the warranty is transferrable since I had read somewhere on this forum that Stromer transfers warranty upto third seller. He said Stromer will honor the warranty!

Did they send pedals? If not any recommendations? Also, what lock(s) and accessories are you using?

Also, just out of curiosity, are you an Aggie too?

Thanks!

I am very excited about it. If yours comes in the same condition as mine, you will be very pleased. And $1546 is a sweet, sweet deal on this bike. It did come with pedals, they were just inside another small box in the packaging. They are nothing fancy, but will serve the purpose. I have huge feet and they work well for me size 14s. Be prepared for about .5hr assembly time, and be careful getting the front wheel off the crank arm, they really package it in a way that could easily bend a spoke! If you want to do yourself a favor, get a small tube of red "Locktight" and have it handy when you assemble. A tiny dab on the threads will keep screws in place for years with no loosening (some have thread locker already applied, but not all), but you can still remove them when you need to.

So far, I only have 12 miles in, but I am loving the bike. It's very powerful, climbs hills with ease. The 12 miles, with a few big hills, has only caused a 20% loss in battery in "Power" mode, so range is very impressive. The seat is some sort of medieval torture device, made for people with cast iron butts. Wish the tallest gear was a bit taller.

No, I am not an Aggie, I am Tarheel, working deep, deep undercover at Duke University. Shhhhhh!

Back