ST1 Won't Unlock

Hawaiian_Betty

Mt wife recently held the On/Off button too long on her ST1 and locked the bike. She has done this in the past and knows the Passcode is still the default 1-2-3-4. When we go to enter the passcode, it displays "wrongkey" and goes back to flashing 0-0-0-0. We have tried variations such as 0-1-2-3 to no avail. I tried taking the main battery out overnight as well as replacing the CR2032 battery in the display. Any suggestions on how to unlock the bike?

I don’t know if this will work, but I found it on the web:

Change an ST1 Elite or Platinum password from the manufacture standard "1-2-3-4" to a customers custom password.

Step-by-step guide

1. To enter "Allow Change Password Mode": Hold down the Power and Plus buttons together for 3 seconds. Enter CODE1008 and hold the Power Button down for two seconds. Select 1 and hold down the Power button for two seconds to allow the password to change.
  2. To change the password: Hold down the Power and Plus buttons together for 3 seconds. Enter CODE0004 and press the Power button to enter the Change Password window. Enter the customer's desired four digit password and hold the Power Button for two seconds.
  3. To exit "Allow Change Password Mode": Hold down the Power and Plus buttons together for 3 seconds. Enter CODE1008 and hold the Power Button down for two seconds. Select 0 and hold down the Power button for two seconds to exit.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't want to change the Passkey. It's locked me out so I can't even get to the options to change the Passkey.

I ordered a replacement controller which should arrive in 2-4 weeks.

I accidentally locked mine and the 1234 default code didn't work. I was able to unlock/reset the display by removing and replacing the battery a few times while randomly pushing/ holding the buttons.

Back