Specialized’s ultra-light 120-mile range e-bike - Turbo Vado SL

Mirrycle is an American product...
Yes. I was referring to the Specialized mirror evidently not being available in the US: (not the Mirrycle which I have in a box and still thinking about)
Found some online references and discussions here referring to "S159900001: MSC MY15 TURBO/ MY17 VADO MIRROR"

But given your less than glowing review... I have stopped looking for it. : )

Maybe this photo can help thought the mirror on the left side isn’t too clear. Those are Ergon grips
1628626691016.jpeg

I recently added a Garmin Varia to my equipment. It pairs with a number of Garmin devices as well as cell phones. I've got the one that is both a radar detector (of rear approaching traffic including cars and other bikes) and rear red light. It obviously does not replace situational awareness but adds one more level of info.

Varia RTL515 Rearview Radar with Taillight​

If you use a Garmin computer there is an IQ app called MyBikeRadarTraffic that will let you add a data field that shows approximate speed, relative speed and vehicle count using the Varia's radar.

If you use a Garmin computer there is an IQ app called MyBikeRadarTraffic that will let you add a data field that shows approximate speed, relative speed and vehicle count using the Varia's radar.
Thanks but for some reason it does not support the Edge 1000 that I have. I wrote the developer.

Thanks but for some reason it does not support the Edge 1000 that I have. I wrote the developer.
I was curious but it doesn't look like it will happen. His web page says he needs Garmin ConnectIQ SDK version 3 or newer and the Garmin page shows 2.4.0 is the last version for the seven year old Edge 1000.

The two larger plastic pieces, if they are wedge shaped, look like what I use between the brake pads when I'm transporting a bike with the wheel removed. It prevents problems that can occur if the brake lever is accidentally pressed with the wheel off. Good to keep handy!

It works perfectly. Trust me.
I got ready to cut an opening to insert the Mirrcycle in the stock grips - but the grips have a plastic sleeve which covers the ends - so I bought the Ergon GP2 and just installed those and the mirror. I did have to slide the TCU remote and brake lever over 3/4 inch. I think my hand position is about an inch and a half narrower than with the stock grips - but that is fine. And just did a test ride - dramatically better than my old bar end mirror and any helmet or glasses mirror I've used. Thanks for the help.
Jay

I got ready to cut an opening to insert the Mirrcycle in the stock grips - but the grips have a plastic sleeve which covers the ends - so I bought the Ergon GP2 and just installed those and the mirror. I did have to slide the TCU remote and brake lever over 3/4 inch. I think my hand position is about an inch and a half narrower than with the stock grips - but that is fine. And just did a test ride - dramatically better than my old bar end mirror and any helmet or glasses mirror I've used. Thanks for the help.
Jay
UPDATE Mirrcycle: 30 miles today including some challenging traffic. LOVE the mirror.

When I switched to the carbon Salsa Rustler handlebar I had to ditch the Mirrcycle (bar doesn't accomodate a bar-end mirror). The only thing I could find was a cheapo on Amazon. I used to have Ergo-Tec on the R&M but apparently they don't sell in the US anymore otherwise that would have been preferred. Anyway, the Amazon cheapo is a bit chunky but functionally it is working out ok.

Recently North Street had a pannier sale. Their Micro Panniers (in the picture) turned out to be a good fit (only 15L per bag) to the SL EQ's stock rack. I recently went back to working in the office on a 2x per week basis and I'm doing 23 mile commutes. The Vado SL has been a wonderful commuter. I checked some stats back from a couple of years back when I was riding the R&M Charger GX and my de-tuned Haibike. My average times were 16-17 mph. Average times on the Vado SL around 14.5 mph. Seems a big difference but it is by design - riding on custom settings below the stock settings - averaging about 90% support and burning about 150WH of battery (extrapolating to ranges on the downtube battery of about 50+ miles). And that has been with some recent windy/headwind days. My recent commutes on the Allant 9.9s are slightly faster at around 15 mph but I also have those settings tuned lower relative to stock thanks to the Nyon.

Attachments

• 20210807_101127.jpg
    20210807_101127.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 156
Back