Specialized’s ultra-light 120-mile range e-bike - Turbo Vado SL

Vado SL size?

With real fear, I learned the stand-over height of Vado SL size M was 790 mm. My stand-over height is 780 mm. Am I eliminated from riding the SL in size M?

How about riding with these boots to gain the missing mm:

mens high heels.JPG

You might be looking really smart in them ... :cool:

Are you sure you are German, TS25? :D Your sense of humour is exceptional!!!
Thx. Well, partly German. My dad was born in Latvia (but being baltic german).

His family was 'distributed' over the world after WWII. If it hadn't been for my later mum, I could be partly British, Canadian, US-American or Australian.

Vado SL size?

With real fear, I learned the stand-over height of Vado SL size M was 790 mm. My stand-over height is 780 mm. Am I eliminated from riding the SL in size M?
I have the same issue. I have a medium which technically is too large but the small wasn’t available when I bought it. I can straddle the top bar with my feet on the ground easily and comfortably.

I may have to revisit the size issue in a few years when I get older and am less flexible. I’m 72 so that older may be sooner than I’d like.

I have the same issue. I have a medium which technically is too large but the small wasn’t available when I bought it. I can straddle the top bar with my feet on the ground easily and comfortably.

I may have to revisit the size issue in a few years when I get older and am less flexible. I’m 72 so that older may be sooner than I’d like.
Older for me is always ((current.age +3!) = old)...😎

Vado SL size?

@Stefan Mikes the current U.S. spec for the Vado 5 medium has a stand over height of 800mm. This fits me well with a slight pressure when I'm standing flat footed over the bike. I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam; not the same as stand over I know but useful for a comparison.

I could have also fit the small for stand over, but I liked the reach on the medium much better. YRMV.

What was the spec on your Euro Vado?

Tim,
My Vado 5 ST has this spec: Stand-over Height: 720 mm (28.3").
The Polish Specialized website gives that parameter for Vado 5.0 SL EQ as 790 mm (31.1").
My inseam is 30". I'm 5'8" tall.

Last edited:
Tim,
The Polish Specialized website gives that parameter for Vado 5.0 SL EQ as 790 mm (31.1").
My inseam is 30". I'm 5'8" tall.We
We are the same height and inseam now Stefan. But I used to be an inch and a half taller when I still had discs in my back. Same 30 inch inseam, but my 30 inch waist got bigger as I got shorter. Not Very Fair. :(

Friends also laugh at me for wearing the belt & braces :) Yet I cannot imagine not wearing both on a long ride in Softshell pants bought when I was 236 lbs and now am less than 200 :)

Tim,
My inseam is 30". I'm 5'8" tall.
Well, that does pose a quandry! Now I understand your concern.

Friends also laugh at me for wearing the belt & braces :) Yet I cannot imagine not wearing both on a long ride in Softshell pants bought when I was 236 lbs and now am less than 200 :)
Bib shorts or longs are the belt and suspenders of the cycling world... elastic belt plus suspenders! They are super comfortable for long rides. ;)

Last edited:
What exactly did MTB make for you? I ordered a set of 650bs (same front size as yours), so I’ll have to have them make likely the same thing!

Assuming this is the part?

It was this part

You have to email them and ask for a custom size of 110 mm wide instead of 100 mm.

Yes, that lockring is the correct part.

Bib shorts or longs are the belt and suspenders of the cycling world... elastic belt plus suspenders! They are super comfortable for long rides. ;)
Yes. Especially at 30s F :D
Bibs are also extremely comfortable whenever you need to take a piss :D (that's why winter cycling trousers are equipped with a zipper fly).

Back