Specialized Vado 4.0 - Beware

You wrote 25 lb yourself :) It is 11.35 kg for me.

.75lb is a huge amount in weight-weenie land 😂😂

might be possible. 25.x lb definitely. 24.25 (11kg) idk. would take pretty extreme measures which aren’t likely worth it on a 25lb bike!

Mine was wearing out closer to 2k before I noticed it. I replaced the cassette, chain, and the front with a larger chainring. I went from the stock 40t to a 44t. The idea was that if I spent most of my miles commuting in turbo mode I would try to get a higher gear range and spread the wear out to some of the other rear cogs. Also the wider turning radius for the chain would hopefully help that last longer. I did the lose the "granny gear" in the back to have enough range on the tensioner. It seemed to work well but I sold the bike after 700 miles and replaced with a Gazelle belt and IGH bike so I don't know how the long term worked out. If it is just the 11t rear sprocket those can easily be replaced for under $10 each or make friends with mountain bikers with Shimano Hyperglide cassettes who tend to wear out the lower gears and not the 11t.
3000+ miles on my 10t cog, zero signs of wear. had 2000+ on the stock 11t before i upgraded it, also no signs of wear!

Interesting post. I have a 2022 Vado 4.0, with about 2,000 miles on it, and not one issue. Nothing. Like another blogger has stated, I ride at a cadence of 80 to 85 rpm's constantly, and rarely ever use Turbo. I find that 35/35 (Eco) to be plenty, and if I get tired, I boost it up to 40/100 (Sport). Great e-bike.

Interesting post. I have a 2022 Vado 4.0, with about 2,000 miles on it, and not one issue. Nothing. Like another blogger has stated, I ride at a cadence of 80 to 85 rpm's constantly, and rarely ever use Turbo. I find that 35/35 (Eco) to be plenty, and if I get tired, I boost it up to 40/100 (Sport). Great e-bike.
On my Vado 5.0, I usually set Mission Control'Smart' setting to anywhere between 25 to 50 miles, and never worry about having enough to ride. Very rarely do I ever need to use Turbo.

I may play around with that setting. It is a great feature offered by Specialized, something that continues to set them apart from other ebike manufacturers.

3000+ miles on my 10t cog, zero signs of wear. had 2000+ on the stock 11t before i upgraded it, also no signs of wear!

How often do you ride in turbo? And how often are you using the 10t? FOr me commuting to work every day the answer was almost always.

How often do you ride in turbo? And how often are you using the 10t? FOr me commuting to work every day the answer was almost always.
turbo - basically never. how often am i in the 10t, very often, maybe 25% of the time?

but i never shift under heavy load, and keep my chain clean!

Back