Specialized turbo vado sl 4.0 charging

Horatiu Muresan

Region
Europe
Hello. I just bought a 2021 Specialized turbo vado sl 4.0 model. It is great and it works great

So here is one problem:

The bike is off and after i plug in the cable, after 5 seconds, the bike lights and display are turning on and i can see the battery percentage on Mission Control app.

But i dont want to keep my LED lights on everytime while i am charging the bike, so i simply press the Power button from the frame. What happened? The led lights are off, display is off and the bike has been disconnected from the mission control app.

The Red light from charger is still on and after 2 hours i turned on the bike and it was 92% percent, so the charging process was succesfully.

BUT my question is : is that healthy for battery, sistem? (to press Power button to turn off lights)

Hello. I just bought a 2021 Specialized turbo vado sl 4.0 model. It is great and it works great

So here is one problem:

The bike is off and after i plug in the cable, after 5 seconds, the bike lights and display are turning on and i can see the battery percentage on Mission Control app.

But i dont want to keep my LED lights on everytime while i am charging the bike, so i simply press the Power button from the frame. What happened? The led lights are off, display is off and the bike has been disconnected from the mission control app.

The Red light from charger is still on and after 2 hours i turned on the bike and it was 92% percent, so the charging process was succesfully.

BUT my question is : is that healthy for battery, sistem? (to press Power button to turn off lights)
Hi. I just got the same bike. When I plug it in to charge and touch the bike frame I feel a mild electrical tingling in my fingers. Normal or sign of something wrong with the isolation of the charging circuitry from the rest of the bike?

Hi I am new here have the same bike & love it
Is it better to stop before 100% charge like around 90% or it doesn't make any difference in the battery health for the long run TIA

Last edited:
Hi I am new here have the same bike & love it
Is it better to stop before 100% charge like around 90% or it doesn't make any difference in the battery health for the long run TIA
I have used my new bike almost every week day for the last 6 months and charge it to 100% twice per week. So far the app is showing no change in battery health. My conclusion is that charging regularly to 100% is not a big problem. In the long run, after hundreds of charge cycles, I know the battery capacity will reduce but I don’t think it can be avoided. In the scenario where the bike is not being used then I would recommend storing it with a lower battery % ( e.g around 50%) .

So far the app is showing no change in battery health.
Mission Control will never show anything else than 100% battery health. Using BLEvo app for pre-Mastermind e-bikes tells you quite a different story. For instance the Vado SL main battery with less than 100 charge cycles has the health of 92% and stores 300 Wh instead of 320.

I charge my batteries post each longer ride. Having the range is more important to me than keeping the battery healthy.

I have used my new bike almost every week day for the last 6 months and charge it to 100% twice per week. So far the app is showing no change in battery health. My conclusion is that charging regularly to 100% is not a big problem. In the long run, after hundreds of charge cycles, I know the battery capacity will reduce but I don’t think it can be avoided. In the scenario where the bike is not being used then I would recommend storing it with a lower battery % ( e.g around 50%) .
thanks I appreciated

Back