Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Hosanna! I was on a ride with a friend, traditional cyclist. To not intimidate him, I reduced the ECO assistance to 30/25, far later to 25/25. We rode 78 km with average speed 18.5 km/h. 38% battery left, meaning the extrapolated range of the 604 Wh battery could be 118 km (74 mi). It was a great progress for me in terms of extending the battery range. Who knows if I wouldn't be a candidate for an SL next year...

Bought some degreaser, lubricant, bike shampoo and chain cleaning kit at Decathlon...

1599495059721.png

:)

I use Kerosene to clean my chain Then some dawn dish soap (DAWN is The BEST BY Far) This is cheap and very effective : My only warning is not to spray Kerosene on The Parts to clean and let it dry : Horrific water Spots : Which come off : But You have to rewash the Bike :

Anybody check their motor mount bolts for tightness? Have a torque value? How easy is it to get to them?

Thanks. Might change the oil while I'm in there.

The other day is was riding my Vado 5.0 2021 at around 20 mph and I decided it would be fun to ride without my hands on the handlebars. I took my hands off and immediately the front tire began to shake...and got worse and worse until I grabbed the handlebars again. I did it a few times, and the same thing happened.

I’ve never had a bike do that. Any ideas?

The other day is was riding my Vado 5.0 2021 at around 20 mph and I decided it would be fun to ride without my hands on the handlebars.

I took my hands off and immediately the front tire began to shake...and got worse and worse until I grabbed the handlebars again. I did it a few times, and the same thing happened.

I’ve never had a bike do that. Any ideas?

Check your wheel balance and headset play.

Finally at home! Not even 1 mile yet. Have to wait until tomorrow morning to ride (already 90 degrees at 9:30). When they delivered it clock was set correctly and latest firmware was downloaded. They gave me a card suggesting 40lbs In the trigger tires. I’m 200lbs so I already put 60lbs in them. Sound reasonable?

It looks great! Arizona?
View attachment 63739

Hi. I'm trying to pick between getting a Vado, Como or Vado SL. I've ridden each briefly, but not in ideal conditions, and am really conflicted. I have a longer post about this here:

For this group, I've seen a posts from people who do or did own both the Como and the Vado at some point. I started looking at the Vado because it's closer the style of non-e-bike I have now. But having now tested the Como, I find the saddle and vertical seating orientation much more comfortable. So for those who have ridden both) or comparable bikes, what's the downside of the Como vs. the Vado? I intend to use this for recreational and exercise riding on roads, gravel and basic dirt trails (not downhill, etc.). I don't care about speed as much as stamina. Are there times when the Como seating orientation is less comfortable than the half-lean of the Vado? Are there any other advantages of the Vado over the Como? I know about the suspension fork on the Vado but almost every comment I have read is that it doesn't do much and will likely have the LBS mod with suspension seat posts and handlebar stems anyway.

Thanks.

I found that the handlebars were too low. The seating position too aggressive for me. I had to install a stem extension which resulted in a more upright posture. Since I chose the Vado SL with weight as a top priority being able to change handlebar height addressed the issue.

Having ridden my SL for several months I’m convinced I didn’t need nor do I miss the extra power of the Vado or Como motors. At least for why I was choosing an ebike.

Don't forget the rest of your flat repair kit!

(not to you specifically, but your comment reminded me of an item on my to-do list...)

Anybody have a suggested list of tools to be able to change tubes on the road? I'd like to put together a tool kit for common repairs (quick link for chain, etc). Also, can anybody link to what size spare tube?

Tools and tube will live in my pannier.

I found that the handlebars were too low. The seating position too aggressive for me. I had to install a stem extension which resulted in a more upright posture. Since I chose the Vado SL with weight as a top priority being able to change handlebar height addressed the issue.

Having ridden my SL for several months I’m convinced I didn’t need nor do I miss the extra power of the Vado or Como motors. At least for why I was choosing an ebike.
Which stem extension are you using?

I bought one of the many on amazon. I made believe the brand was real and the one I chose had good ratings. In other words, they’re all the same Or so it seemed.

Hi. I'm trying to pick between getting a Vado, Como or Vado SL. I've ridden each briefly, but not in ideal conditions, and am really conflicted. I have a longer post about this here:

For this group, I've seen a posts from people who do or did own both the Como and the Vado at some point. I started looking at the Vado because it's closer the style of non-e-bike I have now. But having now tested the Como, I find the saddle and vertical seating orientation much more comfortable. So for those who have ridden both) or comparable bikes, what's the downside of the Como vs. the Vado? I intend to use this for recreational and exercise riding on roads, gravel and basic dirt trails (not downhill, etc.). I don't care about speed as much as stamina. Are there times when the Como seating orientation is less comfortable than the half-lean of the Vado? Are there any other advantages of the Vado over the Como? I know about the suspension fork on the Vado but almost every comment I have read is that it doesn't do much and will likely have the LBS mod with suspension seat posts and handlebar stems anyway.

Thanks.
I didn't even test drive the Vado .. just sat on one and bought the Como instead. Several threads are available, sounds like you have searched a few already... but I will mention that although most comments will be Vado owners, the Como owners seem a bit happier 🤔

WOW 2nd real ride on My New Vado 4 : Factory Settings : I haven't even read the Owners manual yet : On a short 20 Mile Ride on Graveled country Blacktop Surface . Which creates extra drag < In just Eco mode I had no issues maintaining 20-21MPH for the majority of the ride, without excreting Myself : Lots of Straight Ways Curves and roller Coaster Hills : I'm impressed as Country Blacktop is much more tiring to ride then Smooth Bike path blacktop or Concrete :
The only Drawback I see is getting enough exercise : To really get winded I had to get aggressive and climb to 28 Miles per hour in ECO with one cog to spare. Naturally I couldn't maintain that long :

I'm not sure what the grade is on the hills I climbed > They weren't super steep > On a regular bike I'm peddling pretty hard to get up them. With The Vado I hardly noticed much difference in effort : Although I lost a Few MPH in Speed.

Actually owning The Bike Sheds light on why most say they rarely use Turbo. Going 28 MPH for short clips is fun > It does get windy Though > I had to flip My ball cap backwards to keep it from flying off . It seems 19-20MPH is a nice cruising speed : You cover alot of group fast and the wind in your face is manageable >

Looking forward to riding the East to West trail we sometimes use : It's always a lot of wind to deal with> It's basically flat but wide open and windy : The Most grueling path we ride because of the wind . Realistically I can tell I'm either going to have to push my speed or increase distance to get the same workout as before the Vado :)

I'm guessing ever changing conditions will throw in some variables I've not encounter yet. WHAT A BLAST

WOW 2nd real ride on My New Vado 4 : Factory Settings : I haven't even read the Owners manual yet : On a short 20 Mile Ride on Graveled country Blacktop Surface . Which creates extra drag < In just Eco mode I had no issues maintaining 20-21MPH for the majority of the ride, without excreting Myself : Lots of Straight Ways Curves and roller Coaster Hills : I'm impressed as Country Blacktop is much more tiring to ride then Smooth Bike path blacktop or Concrete :
The only Drawback I see is getting enough exercise : To really get winded I had to get aggressive and climb to 28 Miles per hour in ECO with one cog to spare. Naturally I couldn't maintain that long :

I'm not sure what the grade is on the hills I climbed > They weren't super steep > On a regular bike I'm peddling pretty hard to get up them. With The Vado I hardly noticed much difference in effort : Although I lost a Few MPH in Speed.

Actually owning The Bike Sheds light on why most say they rarely use Turbo. Going 28 MPH for short clips is fun > It does get windy Though > I had to flip My ball cap backwards to keep it from flying off . It seems 19-20MPH is a nice cruising speed : You cover alot of group fast and the wind in your face is manageable >

Looking forward to riding the East to West trail we sometimes use : It's always a lot of wind to deal with> It's basically flat but wide open and windy : The Most grueling path we ride because of the wind . Realistically I can tell I'm either going to have to push my speed or increase distance to get the same workout as before the Vado :)

I'm guessing ever changing conditions will throw in some variables I've not encounter yet. WHAT A BLAST
No problem to get some workout. Just install the Mission Control app on your smartphone and lower the support and peak power setting in Eco Mode.

Yep. Once you get the ebike grin off your face go tell mission control you want to use all but 10 percent of battery.Just a grin no working out. 😁

Back