Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Not sure if the fender interfere. The rep at Schwalbe recommended same size replacement.
I am sure the more air the smoother ride.
with suspension fork and seat the vibration was not bothersome.
did you see my write up above?
Yes.

My Vado came with the 51-622 tyres, that is, 29x2.0"
(Note: 28 or 29 doesn't matter. "622" matters).
My triggers are 47 - 622. If it would work, I'd rather have 2.0" then 1.75. The Triggers handle great. They also don't pick up gravel like regular MP tires. I keep my front at 60 psi and back at 65 psi.

My triggers are 47 - 622. If it would work, I'd rather have 2.0" then 1.75. The Triggers handle great. They also don't pick up gravel like regular MP tires. I keep my front at 60 psi and back at 65 psi.
I just went based on his recommendation on the size and psi. Used to run mine at 60psi. He said use 55psi rear and 50psi front.
will modify as the time goes.
agree 2” would be smoother. Be mindful of the distance between fender and tire.

I just went based on his recommendation on the size and psi. Used to run mine at 60psi. He said use 55psi rear and 50psi front.
will modify as the time goes.
agree 2” would be smoother. Be mindful of the distance between fender and tire.
I will. I was just wondering if anyone had replaced 1.75 with 2 working with fenders. The older 5.0 Vados came stocked with 2". I'll check with my lbs and get their opinion. Thanks for the info.

It looks to me that the outer tire diameter is the controlling dimension for tire fit with the Vado fenders. Tires rated in inches (28x2, etc) are generally interpreted to mean approx outer diameter x tire width. So a 28x1.75 tire may have approx the same outer diameter as a 28x2 tire, the 28x2 being wider. The Vado standard tires are 47-622 which are approx 28x1.75. As such, a 28x2 tire may fit. A lot depends on the tread design and how close the manufacturer holds the tire to a true 28 inch outer diameter. IMO it's iffy at best.

I personally would have more confidence that a 50-622 tire could be found that would fit as the applicable Euro standards are more specific as to what these figures actually mean (width x inner diameter). The tread design would need to be a similar low profile design as the spec does not address outer diameter. Seems like it's still a risk for a 3mm gain in width.

There's a good discussion of this at https://www.schwalbetires.com/tech_info/size_markings. . This site also offers a full listing of all common tire sizes with equivalents in inches and French sizes (700x45c, etc).

The point with the Electrak 2.0 Armadillo is these are slick tyres and the grip is achieved with the Gripton component, making the tyres soft. Perhaps it is why these fit the Vado 2017 fender properly.

Same thread as Marathon E Plus??
Oh, no. Very different.
1586417468920.png

Specialized Electrak 2.0 Armadillo with Gripton component. My brethren thought the tyres were completely worn out when they saw them.

1586417619245.png

Schwalbe Marathon E Plus.

Got a 12t end cog on the way, gonna change out the 11t:).

Like those Electrak 2.0's.

Anybody come up with a better fork than the springer oem unit?

My triggers are 47 - 622. If it would work, I'd rather have 2.0" then 1.75.
My Vado came with Triggers 47-622.

Other user reports stated it's possible riding 52 - 622 but no more.

Conti double fighter III at 50 - 622 (29x2.0) are in use with positive feedback (better grip than the Triggers) so there's a set waiting in my 'spare parts department' to be mounted when my Triggers are down.

Another option could be Schwalbe Big Ben Plus 50 - 622 (28x2.0)

Last edited:
Meanwhile, somewhere in Mazovia...

1586441805068.png

Post-Winter washing, lubing and replacing the inner tubes with Michelin Protek Max.

1586444663097.png

Specialized Electrak 2.0 Armadillo with Gripton component, when washed. The tyre is almost slick but the surface is soft and ensures fantastic road grip, even in the winter, even on wet surfaces and in wet dirt.

Last edited:
@Stefan Mikes what kind of oil/lube do you use for derailleur? Same stuff that you use for chain or mineral oil or?
Chain lube shouldn't be used anywhere other then the chain, unless you use something like Tri-flow. I don't use Tri-flow as a chain lube (attracts too much grit) but I like it for just about everything else, bearings excepted.

Chain lube shouldn't be used anywhere other then the chain, unless you use something like Tri-flow. I don't use Tri-flow as a chain lube (attracts too much grit) but I like it for just about everything else, bearings excepted.
@Sierratim do you recommend to use tri-flow then for derailleur?

Yeah, I've adjusted it. If it worked like my Thudbuster I'd be happy.
When the pest is over, think to order the Baramind BAM Trek suspension handlebars from France. The bars made my Vado rides plush and I do not have any front shock in my Vado...

@Stefan Mikes what kind of oil/lube do you use for derailleur? Same stuff that you use for chain or mineral oil or?
Finish Line 1-Step Synthetic Oil. After lubing, I'm trying to dry the oil up from the chain and any sprockets (with a rag), otherwise dirt and mud would accumulate soon.

Thanks @Stefan Mikes
I ordered the same tool set... If good for Stefan then good for me.
I found the torque measures in the manual.
I will attempt to replace the tires myself.
I had few question on setting the tool up for the first time. I contacted the customer support. Great experience. They responded quickly and accurately. Very 😃

Back