Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

I learned that I could tie a zip tie to crank and the casing of chainring and this enables you to reverse pedal with chain moving in reverse direction.
this way no need for the rear wheel to turn when cleaning and lubing my chain.
👍😎
I'm have difficulty envisioning this. Could you post a picture, please?

I'm have difficulty envisioning this. Could you post a picture, please?
He meant doing that:

1596215124734.png

Since the crank is independent from the chainring, you need to tie both with a zip tie to be able to rotate the chainring backwards.

To add to the praises, let us not forget @TS25 who probably has the deepest insight in the Turbo e-bike matters, serves priceless help and is a pride for Germany, the Home of e-Bikes!

Can someone tell Me Why at least in this Forum The Como and Vado Seem to be the Most Popular E-bikes Overall ? I've been researching for about 6 months : It really seems like it boils down to Opinions based on Experiences : I can't help notice in the Forum by Brands Specialized seems to carry the majority of Posts :

What's so Great about These 2 Bikes over others ?
Can't claim to have ridden all of the "others" as you call them but the Como rides like a nice road bike, not like a minibike or motorcycle.

I know the question was answered but here is from where I learned this.
Haha! That guy is Polish ;) I have watched many of his Polish vids. I was even not aware it was the SzajBajk/Sick Biker/Supreme Biker until I recognised his voice :D

It was one of his videos in which he explained the differences between different e-bike motor arrangements (front-hub, mid-drive, and rear-hub) that gave me understanding what e-bikes were all about and it made me want an e-bike.

Last edited:
Rode my first long trip today on my new 2020 Como 4 on an asphalt rail trail near Chillicothe OH.

Rode 36.4 miles in ECO only and used 55% of battery capacity. The Como 4 has a better range than I expected. Plenty of assist in ECO for most of the trails I’ll be riding.

The ride quality is so much better than my previous bike, a 500W rear hub drive Aventon Pace 500 with a cadence sensor.

I made the right move!
Was that the Paint Creek Trail? I live in the Columbus area and rode part of it out of Washington Courthouse about 10 days ago. It was only a 20 mile ride because of trail closeures. Overall, we are blessed with hundreds of miles of paved trails here in Ohio. My wife and I have put close to 1000 miles on our Como's this summer and love them.

Haha! That guy is Polish ;) I have watched many of his Polish vids. I was even not aware it was the SzajBajk/Sick Biker/Supreme Biker until I recognised his voice :D

It was one of his videos in which he explained the differences between different e-bike motor arrangements (front-hub, mid-drive, and rear-hub) that gave me understanding what e-bikes were all about and it made me want an e-bike.
Timely, because I just cleaned the chain and drive train on my Como yesterday and it made a huge difference in the smoothness of shifting and quietness when pedaling. I used to do it with brushes and rags but now use a Park Tools chain scrubber that is so much faster, cleaner and effective.

Well, if you enter the community riding e-bike Ferraris, what else could you expect? :) Vados and Comos:
  • Are beautifully designed to be e-bikes from the day one. Full integration of the electric part gives them a distinctive, yet stealthy look;
  • They sport meticulously designed geometry for urban and suburban riding;
  • All of them are equipped with totally silent mid-drive motors: all other motor brands are noisy;
  • Some models come with the most powerful & torquey 250 W nominal motors, the most torquey in their class. Even lower models of Vados and Comos have strong motors
  • Many models are Class 3, and it is fun to ride fast when desired so;
  • Turbo e-bikes are equipped with high class components as you might expect from one of the leading manufacturer of bikes in the world;
  • Turbo e-bikes offer the most comprehensive connectivity with mobile devices and wearables, while the competitors still seem to struggle with that. One of great capabilities of the Turbo bikes is the fact you can instantly and effortlessly tune the motor to match your specific riding needs;
  • All e-bikes can break. Specialized honour their warranty, often replacing a defective e-bike with a new one.
  • And the Turbo e-bikes are beautiful & elegant. Have I already mentioned that? ;)
Vados & Comos have become popular in the North America. Because of that, it has been possible to create active community here. Because Turbo e-bike feels more than just an e-bike; it is about the lifestyle.

Have I explained the phenomenon clearly?

I agree he is good. I subscribed to him.

Perhaps I was However hoping it was a little more then just community involvement :
Let's say you go out and spend whatever $ on a pos. You don't want to go to the forums and announce to everyone what a pos you have bought, as your $ is now worth less should you wish to resell at some time. Just another possibility.

Let's say you go out and spend whatever $ on a pos. You don't want to go to the forums and announce to everyone what a pos you have bought, as your $ is now worth less should you wish to resell at some time. Just another possibility.
@Marcela please elaborate. I don’t get it.

@Marcela please elaborate. I don’t get it.
I do. She means a person who bought a poor, troublesome e-bike wouldn't probably go out to the Forums to announce his/her mistake. On contrary, proud users (we all here) are willing to share how happy they are.

Of course, it is only "another possibility".
--------
Another thing: Driving out for Warmia (read: Var-myah), one of our lakeland regions (the other being the neighbouring Masuria) for a longer Vado ride. I'm considering setting up the default PAS mode to 40/100, as the flexible mode, with the support depending on the torque put into the pedals. We'll see.

Last edited:
Just attempting to find the best bike in and around the $3000-5000 mark: I notice The person doing teh reviews on Youtube puts the Vado SL as Best Class 3 : Also Honorable mention goes to Gazelle Class 3 I asked why not Vado but received no reply :

Back