Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Friends,
I've managed to convince my brother to at least temporarily ride my Lovelec touring e-bike (which is in mint condition). Since I own spare batteries for both Lovelec and Vado, we're going for a metric century this weekend (if the weather allows us doing that). The only reason that was baffling Jacek from riding e-bike was the speed restriction but the Lovelec is unrestricted ;) It might be an interesting ride, especially as the plan is to ride in the picturesque valley of River Narew.

Jacek is a very strong rider and the hub-drive motor should be fantastic for him, enabling him to ride long distance without getting tired. I am curious if I can manage the trip. I made two metric centuries on the Lovelec but none on the Vado yet...

Sounds like Jacek is a powerful rider. Put him on an unrestricted ebike and he’s gone out of sight. 😎🚴🏾‍♂️
Will you be able to keep up, even on the Vado?
Have a fun metric century.

Will you be able to keep up, even on the Vado?
Jacek believes he could make the 100 km ride on a single battery, especially as he describes the Lovelec as "a normal, though heavy bike". He even doesn't want to take a pannier with the spare battery :D I said to him: "Yes you can make it on a single battery if I restrict the e-bike to 20 mph" -- to which he temporarily agreed :) I expect I would follow him in the 50/75-100% Sport mode (so the spare battery will be a must!) He also says were it him to make 100 km on his traditional MTB, he should reduce his own speed to some 15.5 mph. No need with the e-bike!

Not that I'm buying yet another e-bike...
1590682256556.png

Reactions: TMH
A quote from another thread:
I looked at the Ohm e-bikes. The Quest with Shimano E7100 and the 504 Wh battery looks nice. Strange the Quest Deluxe is not on offer? Could you make a test ride, May?
Yes I have ridden the Quest and will do so again today. I really don’t like the bar across as it is too high for me. They were going to shorten the suspension fork for me to try but found it too troublesome.
Quest deluxe is avail too but again the bar issue. So the OHM Cruise is the Geometry friendly option but no suspension fork and it has the lower rated Shimano 6100. Lower rated components than the Vado 4 but also $1000 less. Not sure if Vado 3 is equal?

Not sure if Vado 3 is equal?
Hmmm. Ohm Cruise has a 500 Wh battery against Vado 3.0 460 Wh. Might mean some km less on the Vado. The motors are comparable, although I can tell you the Specialized motor is completely silent while Shimano is just the opposite ;) The brakes in the Ohm are a tad better than ones in the Vado 3. Tough choice. Toss a coin!

P.S. Very important! The tyres in Ohm are 2". It compensates the lack of the suspension fork!

@MayL, I've just added a note on tyres. An important point!
P.S. Later, you might add a 604 Wh battery to Vado for some CAD1100.

The last point: The Ohm is for relaxed riding style while Vado requires you take more forward position. If the Ohm rides well, go for it. Any chance to demo ride the Vado 3?

Hmmm. Ohm Cruise has a 500 Wh battery against Vado 3.0 460 Wh. Might mean some km less on the Vado. The motors are comparable, although I can tell you the Specialized motor is completely silent while Shimano is just the opposite ;) The brakes in the Ohm are a tad better than ones in the Vado 3. Tough choice. Toss a coin!

P.S. Very important! The tyres in Ohm are 2". It compensates the lack of the suspension fork!
Thx for this! Sorting this out is tough. I’m lacking the tech knowledge. I do like the more responsive agile Vado over the Como so now I have to find where the Cruise falls in. More rides!

Haha! Ohm are next door to you. Yet I would like you to become the member of our Club... VADO! What colour?

Back