Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

The issue Rome is I was told my M frame was replaced with one in Small size. The guys there claim I shall not suffer as they bought a long (450 mm) replacement Kinekt 2.1 seatpost for me. I am still afraid the e-bike would be too short for me. Planning to install a very long stem to compensate for the shorter frame...

Additionally, they certainly had to furnish a new front wheel as the Vado 6.0 fork is totally different from the 2017 5.0 one...

Talked to a guy today who had a Como. 17k miles and on his 3rd motor. Guess they don't last forever.
But what silent motors!
My brother promised to look inside my damaged 1.2.s and determine if a spare carbon fibre belt could be fitted.

But what silent motors!
My brother promised to look inside my damaged 1.2.s and determine if a spare carbon fibre belt could be fitted.
I can't really complain about my bikes. Everything has worked as it should and performance has been satisfactory except I have nothing to compare it with in the ebike field.

So, this is my current (upgraded) Vado 6.0 configuration:
  • Vado 6.0 frame (2018-current) ST size S with SR Suntour NCX-E25 suspension fork.
  • New Specialized 1.2s motor (106 km on the odometer right now)
  • Kinekt 2.1 450 mm suspension seat-post (new)
  • Specialized Phenom Sport saddle
  • Garbaruk 42T chainring
  • Deore XT 11-46T cassette
  • SLX derailleur, long cage, 11 speed
  • TRP Zurich hydraulic disk brakes 180 mm
  • New front wheel, 15x110 mm hub/thru-axle (now both wheels are at the MTB Boost standard)
  • Baramind BAM Trek Suspension handlebars; Innerbarends 411, Ergon GP2 grips
  • Mirrycle mirror
  • Supernova M99 Pro headlight and matching tail Supernova lighting with STOP indicator and number plate LED lighting; a horn (stock features); TCD-w (speed) system
  • Specialized Electrak 2.0 Armadillo/Gripton tyres (warm season), Schwalbe Marathon Winter Plus (cold season), 50-622
  • CrankBrothers Stamp 3 L pedals
  • Three U1-600 batteries.
Long way from the 2017 Vado SL 45 km/h (BLOKS), isn't it.

Last edited:
1674417758599.png

A short strip of a gravel road.

1674417839397.png

On the road again.

1674417904521.png

SR Suntour NCX-E25 (50 mm travel) suspension fork is not bad at all; only very heavy.

Can you please just stop. You come across as an obsessed lunatic…..
Just to add something constructive:
SR Suntour makes so many suspension fork models, from hopeless to good enough. For instance, the NEX line (coil suspension without damping) is just hopeless. I tried a Tero 3.0 with XCM32 (110 mm) coil suspension fork. Compared to a decent air fork from FOX, the SR Suntour XCM32 was doing too little compared to the expectations, and it was very heavy.

In its street application, NCX-E25 is not bad at all. Far better than no suspension. I think the Specialized guys took care to provide a decent initial setup, and I need not to be changing anything to it. They also gave a nice setup to the new Kinekt 2.1.

You don’t have the soft rubber extension piece at the bottom of your fender.
I removed it a long time ago. Only trouble. I admit the mudflap used to protect the motor housing very well but the trouble with it was too big.
I also removed the front fender from my Vado SL and replaced it with an AssSaver. Too many issues with the fender!

I removed it a long time ago. Only trouble. I admit the mudflap used to protect the motor housing very well but the trouble with it was too big.
I also removed the front fender from my Vado SL and replaced it with an AssSaver. Too many issues with the fender!
There’s not a whole lot of room between tire and fender. If I rode off road more id probably do the same.

Back