Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

The change in the settings can be done as you ride with Mastermind e-bikes because there is an easy sequence of keystrokes on the remote to do that (MicroTune).

With older Vado (to change assistance on the fly) you need either to:
  1. Have a smartphone running BLEvo on your handlebar and do the changes with your finger, or
  2. Install O-Synce and control BLEvo with O-Synce as a remote. The smartphone can be kept in your pocket.
Otherwise, it is necessary to stop the bike, produce the phone from the pocket, do the assistance change and continue riding.
Or

3. just hit “tune” in mission control and slide the sliders up or down. it takes effect instantly. but as with #1, requires the phone mounted on the bars.

Or

3. just hit “tune” in mission control and slide the sliders up or down. it takes effect instantly. but as with #1, requires the phone mounted on the bars.
Yes. Can you tune the e-bike when MC is in the Ride mode?

Just so I understand -
is it saying changes in settings can't be done when moving?
Or just preferred operation.
Cheers

just to make it totally clear - you can absolutely change the mission control tune settings while riding. you just have to be able to access the app if you don’t have the newer TCU which apparently lets you do it from the controls.

just to make it totally clear - you can absolutely change the mission control tune settings while riding. you just have to be able to access the app if you don’t have the newer TCU which apparently lets you do it from the controls.
Probably somewhat easier than fiddling between the legs/crotch playing with the tube, ahem, top tube!

I'm pretty sure what I asked was whether you could access the tuning from the 2020 TCU . I realize I can access it from a Phone app .

The change in the settings can be done as you ride with Mastermind e-bikes because there is an easy sequence of keystrokes on the remote to do that (MicroTune).

1. Have a smartphone running BLEvo on your handlebar and do the changes with your finger, or
  2. Install O-Synce and control BLEvo with O-Synce as a remote. The smartphone can be kept in your pocket.
Otherwise, it is necessary to stop the bike, produce the phone from the pocket, do the assistance change and continue riding.
Thanks

Thanks, when it was noted taking 30 seconds stopped, Kinda threw up another new item of tech to look into. Amazing a phone is Involved to alter a bike - a phone never entered circle of thought beyond handle bar controls.
Cheers

Turbo Como 5 IGH 2022
I have had my new Como 5 for 3 weeks or so now and really love it! Amazingly smooth and quiet and very fast!! Only one thing I will be changing out at the first service - shorter cranks. Although I try to lift pedals into turns, there are occasions where you want to pedal out of a turn and if its on a slope I have occasionally had pedal strike. Still leaning all the features in the apps and all the automatic gear adjustments, but it is amazing tech.

Attachments

• Como 5 IGH 2022 side.jpg
    Como 5 IGH 2022 side.jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Como 5 IGH 2022.jpg
    Como 5 IGH 2022.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Como 5 IGH 2022 rear side.jpg
    Como 5 IGH 2022 rear side.jpg
    843.2 KB · Views: 178

Which O-Synce are you referring to? I think I am seeing there are different levels of this device . Some appear to have way more options . Also what is it mounted with ?

It's O-Synce Multiremote.
I've been looking at reviews on this O-synce . It sounds like the wifi isn't the most reliable . Works good in the garage but in actual application there's complaints about the wifi pickup being in and out . I suppose it might depend on where you are riding .

I've been looking at reviews on this O-synce . It sounds like the wifi isn't the most reliable . Works good in the garage but in actual application there's complaints about the wifi pickup being in and out . I suppose it might depend on where you are riding .
it uses Bluetooth, not WiFi. I’ve had one for several months, and have had zero problems. If it isn’t connecting, it’s likely in sleep mode. Pressing a button on the remote wakes it, and it then connects with BLEvo just fine.

I believe Bluetooth range is about 30 feet, so as long as you’re near the bike, it will work. I have an iPhone, though I wouldn’t think phone type would matter.

it uses Bluetooth, not WiFi. I’ve had one for several months, and have had zero problems. If it isn’t connecting, it’s likely in sleep mode. Pressing a button on the remote wakes it, and it then connects with BLEvo just fine.

I believe Bluetooth range is about 30 feet, so as long as you’re near the bike, it will work. I have an iPhone, though I wouldn’t think phone type would matter.
OK . That's what I have is an I phone XR . Bike is a 2020 Vado 4 . Much appreciated . I found an open Box an hour's drive from me for $40.00/ When I called the LBS says it's New but the original packaging was destroyed . Or they have NIB for $72 and change .

Turbo Como 5 IGH 2022
I have had my new Como 5 for 3 weeks or so now and really love it! Amazingly smooth and quiet and very fast!! Only one thing I will be changing out at the first service - shorter cranks. Although I try to lift pedals into turns, there are occasions where you want to pedal out of a turn and if its on a slope I have occasionally had pedal strike. Still leaning all the features in the apps and all the automatic gear adjustments, but it is amazing tech.
Absolute gorgeous design, frame and bars. Color options,,, hopefully, but just too nice to say no,,, lol.

Hello for share:
my 2020 Vado 3.0, planning to change my front suspension, any advice on brand and specs.

thanks

Attachments

• 7D102129-A24B-4CF1-8232-E64A5E8A2B7C.JPG
    7D102129-A24B-4CF1-8232-E64A5E8A2B7C.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
my 2020 Vado 3.0, planning to change my front suspension, any advice on brand and specs.
One of the hardest things to find. A short travel fork found in your Vado is a custom OEM part. Finding a better suspension fork of a similar travel, matching the hub size, the mounting arrangement (QR vs Thru-Axle -- and here the thread size), and the design of the headset is extremely hard. Replacing the suspension fork is far easier in long-travel fork e-MTBs that follow the same standards, with abundance of alternative forks.

Back