Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Stefan, I only realized e-bikes were a thing a few months ago. I needed something like this 20 years ago when I was commuting by train to the San Francisco Bay Area, but there was nothing like this available. The best I could do back then was a 10-year old, and very banged-up, Toyota that I left at the train station. I spent about a month doing research (thanks to you and everyone else here for all your input, by the way) and decided mid-drives were the way I should go. Once that was decided, I then settled on Specialized's Turbo Vado 3.0 as my first choice, and preferably the 2019 because of the power and slightly better components than on the 2020. I was surprised to find my bike on e-bay at the end of March. It was brand new and was being offered by a bike shop that had 5 of them in stock. I hesitated at $2,999, but about a week later they dropped the price another $200, plus free shipping, so I decided to grab it. I am really enjoying it and am now planning some fun trips to do with it here in central California. I do most of my riding in Eco, although I do step it up to Sport when crossing busy highways, but I have only had it in Turbo once and that was to see how fast I could go. I was only get it up to 25mph, but I am sure it was because I am not in shape, not because the bike won't go faster. A friend of mine who rides regularly and is very fit got it up to 30mph in Turbo as soon as he was on it, and did so in only about 50 meters, so it is definitely capable. Now I just have to get in shape, but that was the reason I decided to get it.
Yep. My experience it's pretty easy to get to 28 mph with default Turbo settings but maintaining that speed for any length of time requires some work.

Meanwhile...

View attachment 88075
One of the derailleur pulleys in my Vado has worn out. As it is difficult for me to describe what the "wear" means in this case, I'll try to show a photo of the bad pulley once I have replaced it.
SLX METREA....is this not wrong? My Vado 5.0 has a Rear Derailleur which is a Shimano XT, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 11-speed which uses Shimano Pulley Set for RD-8000 (Model # Y5RT98120).

SLX METREA....is this not wrong? My Vado 5.0 has a Rear Derailleur which is a Shimano XT, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 11-speed which uses Shimano Pulley Set for RD-8000 (Model # Y5RT98120).

You are right. The SLX pulleys would fit although the ones you mentioned are better. Luckily, there was no need for swapping the pulleys.

Any anyone know what these items are? They came with my Como.

Attachments

• 5FBF4A58-33BB-4D7E-9143-E4FA60609B4A.jpeg
    5FBF4A58-33BB-4D7E-9143-E4FA60609B4A.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 158
Any anyone know what these items are? They came with my Como.
They are extra shims that are attached to the battery during assembly of the bike. If you examine your battery you should see one screwed to the bottom. I don't think you would ever need the extras. I've owned 4 Como's and they all came with a bag of extra small parts and instruction sheets for some of the components.

They are extra shims that are attached to the battery during assembly of the bike. If you examine your battery you should see one screwed to the bottom. I don't think you would ever need the extras. I've owned 4 Como's and they all came with a bag of extra small parts and instruction sheets for some of the components.
Cool thanks for the info.

I'm looking to replace the battery lock on my Turbo Vado 3.0, 2020. My locksmith believe that this is the right cylinder, but confessed that he wasn't a 100 percent sure.

Anyone here who can confirm? I don't have the key so I cannot double check myself.

We normally talk with a Specialized Local Bike Store to get replacement. Also, Vado keys come with a Plus Code Card, so Abus can make replacement keys based on that card. As I understand, your Vado is second-hand and you neither have the keys nor the Plus Code Card? In such case I cannot help you with any advice.

We normally talk with a Specialized Local Bike Store to get replacement. Also, Vado keys come with a Plus Code Card, so Abus can make replacement keys based on that card. As I understand, your Vado is second-hand and you neither have the keys nor the Plus Code Card? In such case I cannot help you with any advice.
Yes, that's correct, I only got the bike and the charger I'm afraid. However, the picture shows how the lock is marked with Mobile 17.002 is this something you recognize?

Yes, that's correct, I only got the bike and the charger I'm afraid. However, the picture shows how the lock is marked with Mobile 17.002 is this something you recognize?
As I said, it is hard to give any advice, as we cannot see our locks exposed when we, say, swap the battery.
P.S. The person who sold you the bike should burn in Hell...

As I said, it is hard to give any advice, as we cannot see our locks exposed when we, say, swap the battery.
P.S. The person who sold you the bike should burn in Hell...
Aaah, I see. But then I'll ask the locksmith to take it in, he'll also be the one that helps me remove the old lock. Thanks!

Although I cannot speak to the the goodness of the clerk (he could be evil), it was from a store that sells insurance claimed bicycles recovered by the police, and was sold "as is", at a great price. But it has left me extra security aware!

Aaah, I see. But then I'll ask the locksmith to take it in, he'll also be the one that helps me remove the old lock. Thanks!

Although I cannot speak to the the goodness of the clerk (he could be evil), it was from a store that sells insurance claimed bicycles recovered by the police, and was sold "as is", at a great price. But it has left me extra security aware!
Now I can see... You need to go to your locksmith, then!
Where in Europe are you from?

Bro. Welcome to the Vado Fam!! Glad u got a great deal. Invest in security for your bike and you're Golden.

Back