Specialized Creo SL Normal Stem Shim

sfebiker

Hello,

I need to install a shorter stem with higher angle than the stock 70mm one.

Does anyone know what the correct partnumber for the shim that allows 1 1/8" stems to be used on the Future shock 2.0 on the Creo SL?

I've found this one online and want to verify it is correct.

Specialized partnumber on this site is S204800001

I also see this one online that is partnumber S174800001

Which is correct?

Thanks in advance!

A shim like the one shown in the upper image should have been included in the parts box that came with the bike.
Your shop may not have passed it on to you, so you should ask them if they have it.
(The shim in the lower image has a lip on it that may be specific for the Diverge/Roubaix/Ruby.)

Mrs e-levity used the upper style shim to replace the OEM 70mm stem with a standard 60mm stem.
She also flipped the stem up to add rise in addition to shortening the reach.

You may find that simply flipping the stock stem over from 6° down to 6° up gives you enough extra rise (~1cm).
It will also shorten the reach by a few mm.

I went to the dealer and found that the Stem Shim for Future Shock: 22mm... is the one that comes with the USA Creo SL Evo bike. It is preinstalled in the stem already. Obviously it does not fit a 1 1/18" standard stem.

I'll visit my local dealer and see if they can order the correct shim.

The manual indicates that 0-15mm of steerer tube spacers could be installed. Does anyone know if the standard bikes include them?

Yes, the stem on the Creo is preinstalled and uses a thin shim to fit the Future Shock. Here’s the one we removed from Mrs e-levity’s Creo:

74054A7A-E46A-4EEA-979C-33ED46FDF026.jpeg

The parts box that is included with the bike also includes a thicker shim that allows fitment of a standard mtb stem (1 1/8” ID). Here it is installed:

B2DD9762-F01C-4BA0-9AE7-9F1FD58CB0DF.jpeg

I don’t know the part number for the thicker shim, but your dealer must have a drawer full of them if they’re not giving them to customers.

Who unpacked and assembled your bike?
We’re in Southern California and received our bike from the Main Specialized USA warehouse in SLC. Maybe we just got lucky?

36593AA4-64C6-4AF1-8F17-F8D6DA6C6F94.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds like Spesh may have discontinued including some parts.

Thanks for the Part # for reference.

Thanks for this info.. I seem to have the stem shim in my kit. Any info. on how to remove stem and install new one? i.e. how to take off the adjustment knob on the top.

Thanks for this info.. I seem to have the stem shim in my kit. Any info. on how to remove stem and install new one? i.e. how to take off the adjustment knob on the top.
there's a 1.5mm hex key on the side of the knob that secures it

I'm looking for the same, but the one in e-levity's last photo is not included in my extra parts. Also there are almost no hits in the www for part number S199900023 and nowhere to buy.
Maybe part S174800001 more above will also fit apart from the lip. This part ist listed in several shops and quite cheap, I think it's worth a try to order it and just cutting of the lip as it's supposed to be plastic. Or did anyone this already?
Apart from this I also found solutions with combining two adapters and also quite heavy anfd maybe to large.
Any more ideas?

Back