Region
Europe
Transformers ! GO ! switch the stock wheels for a custom pair or wheels
FITS the CREO E5 ! tight with chainstays but fine, no rubbing
DSCN9198 (2).JPG
DSCN9200 (2).JPG
DSCN9144 (2).JPG
DSCN9137 (2).JPG

650B rims DT swiss R500 DB (22 mm) and 481DB (22mm inner)
front Hub DT350 road boost 12x110mm
Rear hub Old shimano XT boost 148x12mm
Dt comp spokes
TIRES PANARACER GRAVELKING SK 650x54
DSCN9147 (2).JPG
DSCN9150 (2).JPG
DSCN9134 (2).JPG

You might protect the frame parts near to the wheels by some tape. I see these small pebbles ruining the paint then the frame material... Are you not worried your wheels could get stuck by dirt?

it already rubbed against the frame

my friend build the wheels and he had to change the tensioning to find a good balance left and right

finally found the perfect balance, of course i wont go for super muddy terrains, here in France we have in my county mostly Sand terrain, Fat bike is popular

i will anyway get some thick tape to be sure it protect the frame

Great, now I know that around 48-50mm would enter in my Creo when going to 650B!
I wouldn't ride any longer this way with 54mm, not even with stickers/protection. I did this on my hardtail MTB with even more space left and even with protective stickers it rubbed away the paint of the lower tubes in the rear in 3-4 rides/100 miles and most of them dry. Luckily it was still only the paint (but would have gone deeper with more rides). But when I changed a few weeks later to a fully MTB I had a lof of difficulties to sell the bike this way and lost severeal hundred bucks due to this damage (even if it was only paint still).
Tires with dirt/sand/mud are really aggressive, like sandaper, the need quite some space to the frame. If you ride only city/tarmac and with fenders you can ride with less space, but for a offroad bike it's a bad idea.

absolutly, but i have non intention in the future to sell it.

The Specialized dealer sold me the bike brand new with a defective charger and a damaged Flatmount Tab ! hopefully it's not deep and its alloy.....
but i will check the bike after 2 rides
for the front it's perfect, for the Rear 48/50 mm will be perfect !

I have the gravel kings 700x43 on my Vado Sl and I love the extra suspension and grip. Took it for a big off-road ride yesterday and it was a real pleasure on the rocky & muddy trails. I did puncture, ironically on the road a mile after leaving the house, but it's thorn season here where they trim all the hedgerows and the roads are carpeted in thorns and branches. Like riding over barbed wire until the rain and cars turns it to slush. It was a huge 2 inch thorn, went right through the central belt. It was a whopper. Should have taken a photo!
First puncture since last winter.

IMG_1200.jpeg
tempImageg4tYu3.png

Transformers ! GO ! switch the stock wheels for a custom pair or wheels
FITS the CREO E5 ! tight with chainstays but fine, no rubbing View attachment 138453View attachment 138454View attachment 138455View attachment 138456

650B rims DT swiss R500 DB (22 mm) and 481DB (22mm inner)
front Hub DT350 road boost 12x110mm
Rear hub Old shimano XT boost 148x12mm
Dt comp spokes
TIRES PANARACER GRAVELKING SK 650x54 View attachment 138457View attachment 138458View attachment 138459
Hey French what kind of terrain are you riding over? Is it hilly? Have you adjusted your drive train any? Your chainring now looks pretty big for technical & steep off road hills compared to those tyres. In other words those tyres will cope with very steep rocky climbs brilliantly but you might need lower gears to help both for SL motor and the technical sit down approach. The Creo has short chain stays so spinning out a possibility.

But maybe it's flat but rocky where you ride.

I'm all about the hills- on & off road. So I'm now running 38 by 11-46 and that gets me up nearly anything. I do have a 36 chainring and am tempted to try it out. Might do that in middle of winter and tackle some really technical climbs in mud season.

mostly Flat and sandy terrains ! i kept the awful Praxis ring 46T ! id think ill switch to 44 T wolftooth ! for pure Gravel with steep hills i guess 38 or 36 is great

Attachments

• IMG_20221022_132615 (2).jpg
    IMG_20221022_132615 (2).jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20221022_132649 (2).jpg
    IMG_20221022_132649 (2).jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 130
That Creo set up looks like you can do some serious damage! Gorgeous. Funnily enough I was just watching a gravel bike single speed review using similiar wide tyres and he really bombs it along the flat-ish trails with those 50mm tyres.

Garbaruk and Wolftooth compete in the same space and look to be equivalent. I would go with whichever one is easier to get where you live.

you read my mind Allan ! Garbaruk is a bit cheaper but i hope as strong and smooth as Wolftooth , nice choice of colors too

Back