spare charger for Orbea Gain

adanadawn

I've been trying to obtain a spare charger to keep at my office. I've called Mike's Bikes (where I bought the Gain) twice about this. They just seem confused, like no one's ever asked the question before, which is odd. I'm wondering if there's a generic charger that would work, but my understanding of electronics is very bad.

Here's one I found that might be close:

https://www.ebikekit.com/collection...argers/products/charger-br-li-ion-36-v-2a-xlr

Is it an XLR plug on the bike? I don't know.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi, no it's not a regular XLR plug. The phone help at Mike's Bikes can be quite clueless but they sell the charger as an accessory on their site. Look up the part number on their site and they should be able to find it. It comes without the cable that goes from the charger to the ac plug, but that part is just a regular 3 prong cable that you may already have or that you can buy at any hardware store or Amazon.

Look on the back of the charger, it states made by shc.
Do a google search and you can purchase direct from the manufacturer.
I think its a SHC 8100LC

Look on the back of the charger, it states made by shc.
Do a google search and you can purchase direct from the manufacturer.
I think its a SHC 8100LC

Thanks, I might do that. Someone at Mike's Bikes told me he had ordered one for me "from the Orbea warehouse in Utah" and that they'd have it in a week. That was 3 weeks ago. Pretty appalling support (lack thereof) from Mike's and/or Orbea. For me it's just a spare, but what if you're a Gain owner who lost your charger? You'd be sitting there with an unchargeable bike.

Thanks, I might do that. Someone at Mike's Bikes told me he had ordered one for me "from the Orbea warehouse in Utah" and that they'd have it in a week. That was 3 weeks ago. Pretty appalling support (lack thereof) from Mike's and/or Orbea. For me it's just a spare, but what if you're a Gain owner who lost your charger? You'd be sitting there with an unchargeable bike.

Orbea after sales service also coming across as lousy here in UK too.

I have looked on ebay and there are 2 available from 100 to 120 gbp.
Thats uk ebay and one is from germany.
Let me know and i can attach link if you require.

Back