spare battery

My friend is 3D printing (and selling) a mount that fits to the Rad Mini and the Rad City (The Rad runner is at the prototype stage, and mounts under the rack and rear seat) and allows you to mount and lock, (using your existing keys), a second Rad battery to your factory Rad rack. Let me know if you want his details. I have an early prototype on my Rad mini that works just great and has doubled my range and removed my range anxiety that arose when I upgraded to a 25A controller. I have no concerns over handling btw. It is no different than any other 7.7lb load on the rack. e.g. you don't even notice it when riding.

View attachment 55351
To get back on the topic and to ignore the noise by the self acclaimed posting police: how is this battery attachment coming along? Is your friend now making these and accepting orders?

on another forum a Rad rider recommended the Mosiso bike rack bag which supposedly fits the entire Rad battery. My Canadian Amazon doesn’t have it in stock but your local Amazon site might be different. There’s certainly plenty bags of a similar kind to experiment with.

Last edited:
Good land man. Suggesting a way to get more responders, helping guide fellow eBikers, it’s what we do here. Many give lots of time helping. Start lecturing when you’ve developed your reputation here for more than taking the piss.
Yet another off topic contribution, which has been the sole cause of your posts in this discussion. Hope that makes you feel better.

any ideas on how to carry a second battery with you on bike?
Yes, I put a "non rad battery" on the underside of my down tube (I have a Wagon4) I'm thinking of another one on the back, I have the "large platform" there is room under it to hang one there too. I got my non Rad battery from biggamebikes.com You can see the battery on 2 water bottle mount points. Underneath the down tube. I put a piece of dense closed cell foam at the top of the mount. It is rock solid.

Attachments

• RPwagon 4 decked out with reflective stickers.jpg
    RPwagon 4 decked out with reflective stickers.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 167
Yes, I put a "non rad battery" on the underside of my down tube (I have a Wagon4) I'm thinking of another one on the back, I have the "large platform" there is room under it to hang one there too. I got my non Rad battery from biggamebikes.com You can see the battery on 2 water bottle mount points. Underneath the down tube. I put a piece of dense closed cell foam at the top of the mount. It is rock solid.
A very interesting setup - seems like biggamebikes have many cool upgrade bits and pieces for Rad bikes. Do you currently just use the third party battery? How much has your range improved with it and was it tricky to wire it into the Radwagon?

A very interesting setup - seems like biggamebikes have many cool upgrade bits and pieces for Rad bikes. Do you currently just use the third party battery? How much has your range improved with it and was it tricky to wire it into the Radwagon?
My range doubled, when I get battery 3, I'm going to get the DATEX-3 also. Then they are balanced and parallel! Biggamebikes.com have both.

Unless securely strapped. And protected from road water spray.
It's mounted on water bottle mounts, and I added a battery cover

(USA Warehouse) Ebike Battery Cover Waterproof, Dustproof, Wear Resistant Bike Frame Bag, Battery Bag for Hailong Battery/Dolphin/Jumbo Shark Battery​

I just had to use an Awl to poke the bolt holes. It's a sweet device, waterproof, insulative?

I bought a pair from UPP in China. No insulation and may hold heat in a hot Iowa summer. I keep one in my on bike kit for when I get stuck in a downpour. But don’t routinely bother .

I bought a pair from UPP in China. No insulation and may hold heat in a hot Iowa summer. I keep one in my on bike kit for when I get stuck in a downpour. But don’t routinely bother .
What Iowa Weather? From 115F 46C in Summer (tornados included) to -35F -37C in Winter (4-foot 1.2M drifts included) I try to be metric tolerant! :)

When my brother lived 30 minutes from Ottawa in NYS, he showed me photo's like that!

Back