SONDORS to debut first electric motorcycle later this month

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
Looks like Sondors is branching out... an enhanced image below of the dark side. ;)
E-bike company SONDORS to debut first electric motorcycle later this month (electrek.co)

Sondors is starting 2021 with a bang by announcing the unveiling of the “latest chapter in the SONDORS story” on January 14. And the latest chapter looks suspiciously like an electric motorcycle.
SONDORS first debuted back in 2015 with low power $500+, budget-minded e-bikes. They’ve since stuck mainly with electric bicycles, with the exception of that awkward foray into three-wheeled electric cars that everyone seems to have forgotten about.

But in addition to recently rolling out several new models of high powered electric bicycles, the company now looks set to unveil an upcoming electric motorcycle. They didn’t say as much, but SONDORS sent out a marketing email today with a teaser image of a motorcycle shaped two-wheeler and the text “Save The Date. Join us Live on Facebook as we unveil the latest chapter in the SONDORS story. You won’t want to miss this.” The outline of the bike screams moped or motorcycle, but a highly lightened version of the image shows a distinct lack of pedals. There’s also an unmistakable motorcycle-ish shape to the body, housing a large battery in the central part of the frame like nearly all-electric motorcycles.

1610051211308.png

Last edited:
Branching out with more computer renderings, or really introducing a prototype? He introduced the mid drives and the specs or designs weren't even finalized. How many years ago did he introduce a 3 wheel vehicle? Yeah, that's done well. If he starts pre-selling these, or asks for investment like he did on the car, people should really be careful! He definitely needs more distractions instead of delivering the last introduction! LOL

Last edited:
Branching out with more computer renderings, or really introducing a prototype? He introduced the mid drives and the specs or designs weren't even finalized. How many years ago did he introduce a 3 wheel vehicle? Yeah, that's done well. If he starts pre-selling these, or asks for investment like he did on the car, people should really be careful! He definitely needs more distractions instead of delivering the last introduction! LOL
You and I don't always see eye to eye but I completely agree this time around. Frankly I'm sick of seeing this stuff. Deliver the damn bikes already.

Looks like Sondors is branching out... an enhanced image below of the dark side. ;)
E-bike company SONDORS to debut first electric motorcycle later this month (electrek.co)

Sondors is starting 2021 with a bang by announcing the unveiling of the “latest chapter in the SONDORS story” on January 14. And the latest chapter looks suspiciously like an electric motorcycle.
SONDORS first debuted back in 2015 with low power $500+, budget-minded e-bikes. They’ve since stuck mainly with electric bicycles, with the exception of that awkward foray into three-wheeled electric cars that everyone seems to have forgotten about.

But in addition to recently rolling out several new models of high powered electric bicycles, the company now looks set to unveil an upcoming electric motorcycle. They didn’t say as much, but SONDORS sent out a marketing email today with a teaser image of a motorcycle shaped two-wheeler and the text “Save The Date. Join us Live on Facebook as we unveil the latest chapter in the SONDORS story. You won’t want to miss this.” The outline of the bike screams moped or motorcycle, but a highly lightened version of the image shows a distinct lack of pedals. There’s also an unmistakable motorcycle-ish shape to the body, housing a large battery in the central part of the frame like nearly all-electric motorcycles.

View attachment 76175

They should roll out their Rockstar before they start sending out artists renderings of a Honda 70 from 1973 knockoff that will require insurance and who knows what else. IMHO!!

It's called the Sondors Metacycle and it's made by Sondors X. Apparently it's a different company than Sondors electric bikes. At least According to the email I got.

Thanks for reaching out about SONDORS Metacycle! SONDORS Metacycle is produced by our SONDORS X company, which is slightly different than SONDORS Premium Electric Bikes (who you've reached here)

Turns out it's a different website and a different Facebook account.
Probably along the lines of Tesla/SpaceX/Boring tunnel company. If that's the case it shouldn't (one would hope) directly be pulling resources from their ebike production and shipping.

Still kind of annoying. The first batch of mid drive bikes are supposed to be shipping any week now and they have effectively gone silent these past 3-4weeks. Except for this and a "yay we sold 100k bikes"

It's called the Sondors Metacycle and it's made by Sondors X. Apparently it's a different company than Sondors electric bikes. At least According to the email I got.

Thanks for reaching out about SONDORS Metacycle! SONDORS Metacycle is produced by our SONDORS X company, which is slightly different than SONDORS Premium Electric Bikes (who you've reached here)

Turns out it's a different website and a different Facebook account.
Probably along the lines of Tesla/SpaceX/Boring tunnel company. If that's the case it shouldn't (one would hope) directly be pulling resources from their ebike production and shipping.

Still kind of annoying. The first batch of mid drive bikes are supposed to be shipping any week now and they have effectively gone silent these past 3-4weeks. Except for this and a "yay we sold 100k bikes"
LOL at Sonders, Same parent company! ;)

They should roll out their Rockstar before they start sending out artists renderings of a Honda 70 from 1973 knockoff that will require insurance and who knows what else. IMHO!!
I really couldn’t care less about Sondors or their new “project”, but I must say that I see no resemblance to the 1973 Honda 70....... 😜

2A2D0E74-A6E9-4800-B703-ABE1F67DB3A9.jpeg

At $1499 those MadMods look really good.
Final production Rockstar looks good but the color missed the mark, want to see it in the Slate gray.

I also have to agree with the majority of opinions that we are waiting to find out when the products that we have already paid and waited 6 month for are finally going to be shipped out I don't care about the new model launches which is going to be the third time without anything being shipped. I can't shake this feeling that we are being strung along without really knowing the whole truth about our current situation.

I also have to agree with the majority of opinions that we are waiting to find out when the products that we have already paid and waited 6 month for are finally going to be shipped out I don't care about the new model launches which is going to be the third time without anything being shipped. I can't shake this feeling that we are being strung along without really knowing the whole truth about our current situation.
I asked Sondors customer service an hour ago and they said the bikes are shipping in 2 weeks. The real question is shipping from where which I neglected to ask. Shipping from China is a hell of a lot different than shipping from Sondors or the port they arrive in.

*Edit*
Ok I couldn't leave those questions unanswered. Here is a screenshot of the conversation.
Screenshot_20210111-214319.png

Last edited:
Here we go: Sondors X Metacycle

Power: 8 KWh nominal, 14.5 KWh peak at 72V
Torque: 80 ft-lb nominal, 200 ft-lb peak
Battery: 4 kW Hours
Top speed: 80 mph
Range: up to 80 miles
Price: $5000
Release: Q4 2021

Last edited:
Back