Sondors Rockstar Broken Fork

deletemytrack

Region
USA
Hello,
I receive my Sondors Rockstar with broken front fork and I'm still waiting for Sondors to send the new front fork.
I asked Sondors for reimbursement so that I can get my own fork but they never reply.

Has anyone had any problems with Sondors costumer service or damaged bikes?
It seems that they are just to collect money but no there to help their costumer.

IMG_8419.jpg

Open a dispute with your credit card for receiving damaged goods.
Make sure that you document all attempts to resolve with Sondors

They responded really fast, within 2 hours. Now I’ll see if they send a replacement. My fork was broken exactly like ops, exact same piece, and the actual tube itself was cracked in half (that goes to the stem). Seems like the forks took a bunch of pressure but the box was in good condition

I’ll show pictures once they ship a replacement..I don’t want my pics being used on someone else’s ”submission” to try and get a free replacement..it’s not wise online. Maybe I’ll watermark them or something

Did not even cross my mind that someone can do such a thing. I hope you get your new forks or credited so you can upgrade to a Rockshox.
Rockshox, Rockstar kinda rhymes.
They replaced my broken factory fork and the replacement was a Rockshox Judy front fork with lockout

Excellent, that's what alot of Rockstar owners have done is replacing stock forks with Rockshox. Looks like you scored man!!!
I already put a 170 mm Rockshox Yari RC Debonair on the bike so I guess I got a decent backup or I can just sell it as well. But yeah I figured that was a score 👍🏻

EXACT same problem over here. Took them three weeks to send the replacement. They could have just sent a Rockshox or similar and had a satisfied customer in like 3 days. But they felt it was better customer service to have me wait three weeks for the rebranded Suntour front fork. On an unrelated note, I'm quite disappointed in the power/torque. I'm not a big guy and this thing has like no balls at all.

I’ll show pictures once they ship a replacement..I don’t want my pics being used on someone else’s ”submission” to try and get a free replacement..it’s not wise online. Maybe I’ll watermark them or something
OFFS. You just suggested something most wouldn’t have considered.

EXACT same problem over here. Took them three weeks to send the replacement. They could have just sent a Rockshox or similar and had a satisfied customer in like 3 days. But they felt it was better customer service to have me wait three weeks for the rebranded Suntour front fork. On an unrelated note, I'm quite disappointed in the power/torque. I'm not a big guy and this thing has like no balls at all.
I find with the stock 44 tooth heavy chainring it is very top end heavy and sluggish down low, I went to a 36 tooth chainring with the chritini adapter and it made a huge difference on the bottom end. Way more pick up and 1 lb less rotating mass on the motor so that should prolong motor life. Also no more chain slap on the rear tire when using the top gears on the cassette

Looks like they have a quality control issue. I'm sure they are aware of it, with the sample size here.
Should be a recall situation. Keep us informed of your results.

Looks like they have a quality control issue. I'm sure they are aware of it, with the sample size here.
Should be a recall situation. Keep us informed of your results.

I had a Sondors when customer service was literally a guy in his apartment that was not a Sondors employee. You had to wait for parts to come from China and then Sondors gave them to the guy in his apartment to send to you. So if you can get parts in less than 2 months, it's an improvement from those days.

I received a replacement, with a new headset.
would recommend calling them after you make a ticket. they’re kinda slow on tickets

Back