Sondors Fact Finding. Due Diligence. Scrutiny.

I guess they figured out that many people don't want to wait months for their order. However, if you're someone who has been waiting months and then they start selling "shipping now" for your item, will that delay your order in favour of Johnny-Come-Lately?

I think Indiegogo's business model does not work for Indiegogo! People put allot of venture capital into Indiegogo and it will never return cash and capital.

Considering IGG alarming success rate, under 10% who would trust them... oh! I know who... There's plenty to go around... I wonder when some type of official regulation is going to occur ??

I think at least those of us who have not bought a Sondors bike should thank him.
This campaign might very much drive the prices down on E Bikes in general. Especially if the bike for the most part rides OK.
I wish there was some way to actually get a count on how many bikes have been delivered so far. The fact that he is so hush hush is very unfortunate.
Meanwhile, he still is selling a lot of bikes compared to the vast majority of E bike stores in America.

New Storm "Buy Now" option on craigs list:

for sale.JPG

nothing really wrong with that, they aren't even making a cent; considering the actual current price is above what they are asking they are even leaving money on the table. To be honest I'd probably buy it just to try it out if I lived there.

What I find interesting is if the reason he/she is selling the Sondors bike is the real reason???
Why sell it for so little so fast...

My guess would be... he needs the money to buy a motorcycle... and he's not greedy??
Way too logical.

The real answer is that it's actually a photoshopped image, printed onto cardboard, cut to shape, and photographed again. His profit margin is about $690 after materials.

In other news. The Sondors bikes seem to have penetrated to the interior of the country. Shipping notifications everywhere from Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, and farther north on the East coast as well.

Still no word on international shipping. (sorry Hulk. But it's a good sign that they're appearing elsewhere, like China.)

Actually, Austin Craigslist had Sonders' bike preselling during the early order/oops! donation phase. So I suspect this person purchased several thinking to make a decent resale profit from a pallet price. Which I don't think is really happening. And yes, folks tell mistruths on Craigslist ads every day.

How many bikes have shipped? 100...200? Not 7-7500!!!! My Sceptics Hat remains firmly on, no EU donator has received anything nor do I believe they will, and I do not think that if the 7-7500 bike demand is accurate than more thon 10-20% of perks will be rewarded - there are a lot of folks who ordered black/yellow who have heard nothing whilst others are complaining of an October (2015) delivery. Philip Hillis, why are you hiding behind a different ID on these pages? You complain of being harassed on my FB page because your name was mentioned (since you were the one claiming things) and you are still posting on there.... confused.....

Hello all you NEW Sondors FAT BIKE OWNERS! Heads up; Court just got his new Sondors bike and really wants to know details about the condition and operation of your bike. He's just starting THE Review and wants info from actual owners.

Here's what he sent me: "Would you mind asking folks who ordered and have received Sondors bikes if they have had any issues? I'll be working on the official review soon and would love community feedback about scratches, assembly issues, battery issues etc. My frame came scratched and I'd just like to get a feel for how people are faring and whether they are getting the expected range etc. so I can reference that in my video. "

Please post your information and feedback in the 'Sondors First Impressions Forum' that way it's all in one place. Thanks, everyone! We're all excited to hear from you.

Last edited:
I don't think Philip posts here. Though I'm sure he'd be amused with your obsession for him.

He posted most of the stuff on the Storm until March. Right here. PM me if you want the username. He posted a ton of stuff on Endless Sphere. He changed some things. I'll give him that.

I wonder if Court will have a bike mechanic and or bike shop setup his Sondors? I've seen him do some hands on stuff, but wonder if having a pro setup the bike may be part of his due diligence, scrutiny and fact-finding.

That's exactly what I'd do for any ebike I received. Easy Motion actually requires a professional/LBS to assemble the bike as a condition of their warranty program. But I think it's just a good thing to do if one is not already skilled and experienced in bike assembly.

Back