Sometimes you really mess up.

it still takes some effort. my other pump fit on the tube but it did not have a pin that pushed down on the valve so it would not fill the tube. my convertible pump has a pin you flip around so its longer for a shrader tube so it pushes in the valve. every shrader pump I have seen has a pin to push the valve in.

There are Thorn proof tubes , but some have major flaws among the valve core blowing up in that region.

This one imo will give you a very hard time getting flats ,assuming you pump the tire to 45-75 psi and have the tire in good or great condition !

And a good quality tire: Conti/Schawlbe/Specialized/Kenda/Maxxis at least 35$ for a good tire+15$/tube .
I tested that one in many conds and over thousands of miles.

A c02 cartridge just won't cut it for a fat bike tire. You need one of these. A pain to carry, but really works well with fatties.
Screenshot_20210104-052554_Chrome.jpg

Foofer, it definitely fits in a bag. I put mine in a waist hydration pack when I do long mountain bike rides.

A c02 cartridge just won't cut it for a fat bike tire. You need one of these. A pain to carry, but really works well with fatties.

I have fats and 25 gram CO2 carts are just about right. I bought a bunch two or three years ago and still have a lot of them. They were cheaper back then, like $1.75 each. Now they're mostly $5-$6 each, which is pretty steep. Out on the trail I'll still use them instead of a little pump. I have a pump very similar to the one you recommend. I don't have that much patience! 😝

TT

Back