Some questions for owners of R&M Supercharger (or Charger, Nevo, etc.).

So, after the anticipation of ‘the wait’, I collected my new eBike yesterday from Fully Charged (37 Bermondsey Street next to London Bridge Station) and thought I’d cycle round London and take some photos before taking my new bike home. Here are some of the photos;

D4EDCXk.jpg

8Yecr86.jpg

9rvwwG4.jpg

KNCx9Ao.jpg

ch4vnW4.jpg

p2uhwPt.jpg

6VPQrV3.jpg

DJibprm.jpg

E7irGMv.jpg

whYT3Jq.jpg

rNBw9E9.jpg

hw7KU07.jpg

XxOEBtZ.jpg

mYEROGq.jpg

K5txpYu.jpg

KtZlljt.jpg

kRksJ1T.jpg

6oflRky.jpg

qcJ3RGh.jpg

ZbzkYpy.jpg

Hope that anyone else waiting for their new bikes get them in time for Christmas, and to anyone teetering on the edge of deciding whether to get one, I’d say ‘just do it’ - it is so worthwhile, and hopefully these photos will help inspire you.
ATB. George.

So sorry to hear about your wife Pete - devastating.

Your bike looks very nice - those Ortlieb carriers look the job, and the blue pedals set it off nicely.

Only reason that I rode round London yesterday, is that once I’d picked up my bike, I had 3 hours to kill before catching my return train, so decided to visit some places that I used to visit with my parents when I was younger. A nostalgia trip, so to say. It was so easy getting round London (lots of bike lanes), and I simply whizzed by the plethora of stationary buses and taxis!

Let us know when you start to use the bike, and please share photos if possible.

ATB. George.

So, after the anticipation of ‘the wait’, I collected my new eBike yesterday from Fully Charged (37 Bermondsey Street next to London Bridge Station) and thought I’d cycle round London and take some photos before taking my new bike home. Here are some of the photos;
Hope that anyone else waiting for their new bikes get them in time for Christmas, and to anyone teetering on the edge of deciding whether to get one, I’d say ‘just do it’ - it is so worthwhile, and hopefully these photos will help inspire you.
ATB. George.

So beautiful! which saddle on your supercharger? brake levers are different from mine, i suppose they are magura and not shimano xt deore...

Mine arrived 3 weeks ago, sadly the same week my wife of 50 years passed away.

I'm very very sorry, Pete, a big hug.

I do have photos but not in an out and about situation.
I have changed the pedals and bought some matching saddlebags.. Just need some warmer weather...

front rack makes this bike even more beautiful. i can see two rock razors, waiting for your comments about them...

“So beautiful! which saddle on your supercharger? brake levers are different from mine, i suppose they are magura and not shimano xt deore...”

I believe the saddle is a Selle Royal Nuvola, and brakes are indeed Magura.....

ATB. George.

I meant to mention that the Kiox is indeed a very special display and controller. I’d never seen one ‘in the flesh’ before I ordered, however it’s awesome to use, and the display is super clear and really much better for me than the Intuvia. Highly recommended!

ATB. George.

D4EDCXk.jpg

8Yecr86.jpg

9rvwwG4.jpg

KNCx9Ao.jpg

ch4vnW4.jpg

p2uhwPt.jpg

6VPQrV3.jpg

DJibprm.jpg

E7irGMv.jpg

whYT3Jq.jpg

rNBw9E9.jpg

hw7KU07.jpg

XxOEBtZ.jpg

mYEROGq.jpg

K5txpYu.jpg

KtZlljt.jpg

kRksJ1T.jpg

6oflRky.jpg

qcJ3RGh.jpg

ZbzkYpy.jpg

ATB. George.
great pics!

I believe the saddle is a Selle Royal Nuvola.....

Thanks George! So, this Selle Royal Nuvola was your choice or it's a new standard for supercharger instead of Selle Royal Lookin 3D Moderate Man?
also handlebar and grips seems differents...

When i bought my Supercharger GX in March, as standard the GX (Rohloff) had a front rack and Ergon seat (saddle) and the Nuvinci (Enviola) had no front rack and a Nuvola seat.

Just to fill in a few blanks..
My wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer nearly 4 years ago and throughout we have discussed everything openly with friends and family including how I would cope with my life without her. About two years ago she became very disabled and I grew into the role of full time carer receiving instruction and training in cooking, cleaning, washing, Ironing, shopping, buying my own clothes, and generally looking after the house and myself.
As her illnes progressed she needed to be sure that I had something to keep me going so this supercharger ended up her parting gift to me, its just the timing of its arrival that was unfortunate as her illnes and her needs suddenly got much worse and I had to agree to a move to a local hospice where I sat at her bedside for 40 long days.

My son is a cyclist and as the older among us know the ebike enables us to actually ride with younger more able people, so we have been trundling around the dales where the lesser known quiet roads allow us to get some fresh air and talk..
Well, thats the over sharing out of the way..

This bike is a revelation..
As a 70 year old I was shocked by the weight when we had to lift it into the back of a car (even without the batteries) and was more than a bit concerned that I might have done the wrong thing.. Well, I neednt have worried.. The bike rides like a lightweight, it is so light on the steering that in the begining I was over compensating and wobbling all over the road, but now I can almost ride it to a standstill without a wobble so the weight ballance and steering geometry must be spot on, in fact it makes my Scott full sus emtb feel unweildly and cumbersome by comparison even though it is about 8kg lighter, My longest ride ride so far has been 35 miles with 2500ft climbed and as we spent far too long in a cafe we ended doing a 12 mile hard ride into a strong and bitter headwind in the gathering darknes with my son on my rear wheel otherwise he would have been left behind. (Thank Bosch for Turbo Mode).
Other than the sadlle and the pedals which I really dont like, the riding position is relaxed and comfortable with the ride being firm but surprisingly forgiving on rough terain, so much so that I dont need to stand up for the bumps as I have had to on other hard tail bikes and feel its off road capabilities are going to be better than I had imagined which is a big bonus.
I am having a few minor issues with the e-14 which are likely due to the lack of "feel" when changing gear, the positioning of the control buttons, being out in the dark and cold, and wearing winter gloves so repositioning the buttons and learning how it works will soon fix that.
Battery wise.. My 35 mile 2500ft ride used 45% of the batteries, but it was a hard ride into a strong wind using a lot of turbo in around zero degrees temperiture so is not worrying, but to provide ballance I must add that when climbing 20% or steeper the bikes weight does start to become noticable, not that it wont go up the hill, it just feels its weight, but the e-14 gearing is such that it would probably climb a house roof, just not as fast as the lighter bikes..

This bike was very expensive and and as for the question was it worth it? Well, its early days and the jury is still hearing evidence....

This Supercharger ended up her parting gift to me.
Pete ...
Such a beautiful way to remember a loving partner and gentle lady. Thank you for sharing your loss with us. Travel safely.
... David

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few pics of my personalisation so far.. Some are arguably a bit OTT but who cares?
Insurance insists on Sold Secure Gold lock in the Garage.. Rear view shows the new Garmin Varia Radar unit which spots up to 8 cars approaching from behind at over 100 yards/Metres away, also attached to the seat post is the Cycliq rear view Camera. Front view is the insanely bright Xeccon RC light (wireless button on bars) for off road at night fitted on a self adhesive GoPro mount on the front rack and on the bars is my Garmin 1000 Explore (paired with the Varia Radar) and Cycliq front facing Camera.
I found the supplied pedals to be OK at a sedate 60 to 70 RPM's but if you want to pedal above that your feet soon slip off so spiky pedals are a must if you don't want to clip in, and they come in all colours.. so why not? The Ortlieb Panniers are perhaps a step too far so may sell them on and buy something a bit less... Blue!!
Hopefully future updates to Kiox will remove the need for the Garmin...

Attachments

• Blue Bike 01.jpg
    Blue Bike 01.jpg
    841.5 KB · Views: 714
  • Blue Bike 02.jpg
    Blue Bike 02.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 565
  • Blue Bike 03.jpg
    Blue Bike 03.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 621
  • Blue Bike 04.jpg
    Blue Bike 04.jpg
    755.8 KB · Views: 555
  • Blue Bike 05.jpg
    Blue Bike 05.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 560
  • Blue Bike 06.jpg
    Blue Bike 06.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 549
  • Blue Bike 07.jpg
    Blue Bike 07.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 572
  • Blue Bike 08.jpg
    Blue Bike 08.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 569
  • Blue Bike 09.jpg
    Blue Bike 09.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 582
  • Blue Bike 10.jpg
    Blue Bike 10.jpg
    732.9 KB · Views: 569
  • Blue Bike 11.jpg
    Blue Bike 11.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 581
  • Blue Bike 12.jpg
    Blue Bike 12.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 549
Here are a few pics of my personalisation so far.. Some are arguably a bit OTT but who cares?
Insurance insists on Sold Secure Gold lock in the Garage.. Rear view shows the new Garmin Varia Radar unit which spots up to 8 cars approaching from behind at over 100 yards/Metres away, also attached to the seat post is the Cycliq rear view Camera. Front view is the insanely bright Xeccon RC light (wireless button on bars) for off road at night fitted on a self adhesive GoPro mount on the front rack and on the bars is my Garmin 1000 Explore (paired with the Varia Radar) and Cycliq front facing Camera.
I found the supplied pedals to be OK at a sedate 60 to 70 RPM's but if you want to pedal above that your feet soon slip off so spiky pedals are a must if you don't want to clip in, and they come in all colours.. so why not? The Ortlieb Panniers are perhaps a step too far so may sell them on and buy something a bit less... Blue!!
Hopefully future updates to Kiox will remove the need for the Garmin...

I love these posts with a lot of photos! thanks Pete (and Geejay)! And I love all that geek stuff too! :) What a beautiful bike and personalization!
Like said in some thread weeks ago i cannot imagine to use my bike without garmin varia radar, I find it very useful and i mounted it in same position of your. And yes, front rack is superbe! I know i yet said this but in my opinion makes our bike more beautiful and you can use it for a lot of useful things (yes you know it! :))
How do you find Cycliq in term of autonomy and image quality? I'm using a cheap chinese camera (fake gopro) but i'm looking for this Insta360 ONE X that seems to be a wonder, better than gopro 7...
Which saddle (superwhite) and handlebar (seems larger than the one on my bike) have you mounted on your Supercharger?
Original pedals are good with the right pair of shoes, i use Adidas Terrex Trail Cross SL that have the famous Five Ten sole with anti-slip rubber but i suppose these shoes would work better with your pedals :) Only thing that worries me about the type of pedals you have chosen is the possible hit to leg bones, my skin rips so easily that I can already see those teeth tattooed on my tibia.
I have some panniers similar to your ortlieb but I found them cumbersome and uncomfortable in my regular paths and I removed them in favor of a smaller and more versatile bag. I'll be back to using those big rain panniers (mines are red) when I travel longer.

Back