Some more questions

Matt Penfold

Region
United Kingdom
I spoke to Dan from Edemo in the UK, and have decided a Supercharger 2 with the heavy duty option, and the Rohloff hub and Nyon display is the bike I want.

is it worth paying that small bit extra for the the front rack, along with the R&M bag that is an option?

And the dual 625Wh batteries. Is that worth the extra?

Depends on your needs, but I will say we're still waiting to see the bags at our shop so adding it as a configuration may bump your production date. You could always configure with the Front Carrier and order the bag separately as not to hold up the build.

I'd say the 1,250Wh option is definitely worth the price if you can swing the extra money as upgrading later will cost far more.

Thankfully I will soon be in a position where the extra money will not be a problem as I getting a significant inheritance from my Mum”s estate. She made me promise before she died I would treat myself to something really nice, and this bike will be it.

Thanks for advice on the batteries. I doubt I will make use of the capacity initially, and I will need to get fitter, but at some point I do fancy doing some bike packing around Wales.

Obviously it's your choice, but if money weren't a concern, I'd just spring for 1,250Wh as part of the configuration personally. The solitary advantage to buying 1,000Wh is saving money (unless you really fancy saving ~2kg of weight.)

The other consideration is that the front rack as a factory option appears to cause a change in how the front headlight is mounted. Without the rack from the factory, the headlight is mounted to the handlebars. With the front rack from the factory, the headlight is mounted to the bottom of the front rack. So if you get it with the rack, but decide you don't use the rack and want to remove it. You have to buy extra kit to relocate the headlight. But if you do use the rack & bag a lot and order the rack after the bike, then the bag will block some (all?) of the headlight beam.

I ordered the rack & bag separately from the bike. I've had my bike for a few weeks now, but the bag & rack still haven't arrived. So it seems like adding them to the bike's config, would have significantly impacted my bike's delivery.

The dual batteries is definitely worth the extra. I have dual batteries on my 2021 Supderdelite HS Rohloff (500 & 625 wh) and the range on Eco is reported as ~120 miles. On Turbo that drops to around 50 miles. 50 is quite a lot, but if I had a single battery and only had around 25, that wouldn't be quite enough for me. Sure most of my rides are 20 miles or less. But its super nice to not have to charge it every day. Also if I do want to do a longer ride across town ~30 miles, I don't have to back off on the assist just to make it home.

The other consideration is that the front rack as a factory option appears to cause a change in how the front headlight is mounted. Without the rack from the factory, the headlight is mounted to the handlebars. With the front rack from the factory, the headlight is mounted to the bottom of the front rack. So if you get it with the rack, but decide you don't use the rack and want to remove it. You have to buy extra kit to relocate the headlight.
If you purchase the front rack option; I don't think the bike comes standard with the headlamps under the front rack. I am sure all their bikes has the lamps located on the handlebars.

I can confirm the last two bikes we've received configured with a front carrier still arrived with the light mounted to the stem.

Last edited:
Depends on your needs, but I will say we're still waiting to see the bags at our shop so adding it as a configuration may bump your production date. You could always configure with the Front Carrier and order the bag separately as not to hold up the build.

I'd say the 1,250Wh option is definitely worth the price if you can swing the extra money as upgrading later will cost far more.
good advice here.

My Mulitcharger Mixte came with the front rack and the light was mounted on the handle bar. So if I want to place a bag there I would have to remount the light. They have us coming and going .

Definitely not ideal currently, but R&M does sell a kit to relocate the light and it's a fairly painless process for the newest wave of bikes that come with u-connectors. Your dealer should be able to source the kit through R&M (you'll need two cable extenders if you have high-beams.)

If you fancy doing the install yourself, I posted a step-by-step for it.

Attachments

• parts01.jpg
    parts01.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 214
  • parts02.jpg
    parts02.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 217
Thanks.

Thankfully at this time of year lights are not really required for the times of day I will be riding. Be different come the winter though.

Back