So what's your other hobbies or interests?

There is quite a contigent of us that play table tennis at a local Senior Center twice a week. Senior Center is free to everyone 55 and older. They have great facilities, nice gym and weight room, table tennis ( 3 tables), billiard room, cards, bridge games, music, movies, bocce court, etc. My neighborhood park also has an outdoor table tennis table.

Nice! I've been considering buying a watercraft, doing the Great Loop, than selling it.
Do it! You will be in exclusive club. More people are struck by lightening in the USA than complete the great loop each year. More than half those who do, follow your plan. They purchase a ready to go boat that likely just completed the Great Loop and then sell it when they are finished. We wanted more than to just complete the loop
After our loop we will do all the rivers, Lake Superior, the Canadian Maritimes as far as Goose Bay, Bahamas, Caribbean and through the Panama Canal to Alaska.
We wanted more boat that for the loop. We wanted a full ocean capable boat with extensive range. That range allowed us to buy diesel at the commercial docks where fuel was around $3.00 a gallon and you have a pump that pumps at 50 gallons per minute with 300 gallon minimum.

Be sure to take your E bike and a small trailer. They come in real handy to run errands and tour locally.

A few photos of our trip.

Attachments

• IMG_3969.JPG
    IMG_3969.JPG
    284.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3975.JPG
    IMG_3975.JPG
    455.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4100.JPG
    IMG_4100.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_7396.JPG
    IMG_7396.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4329.JPG
    IMG_4329.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4319.JPG
    IMG_4319.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4353.JPG
    IMG_4353.JPG
    406.9 KB · Views: 112
  • JSBD2110 (1).JPG
    JSBD2110 (1).JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4392.JPG
    IMG_4392.JPG
    577.5 KB · Views: 131
Did youdo the northern route or Erie Canal shortcut?

We've rented Canal boats a couple times and love the cruising.
Through the western canal to Tonawanda. I can drop the mast and the bimini top and get down to 13.5 ft at the top of the windscreen.

Do it! You will be in exclusive club. More people are struck by lightening in the USA than complete the great loop each year. More than half those who do, follow your plan. They purchase a ready to go boat that likely just completed the Great Loop and then sell it when they are finished. We wanted more than to just complete the loop
After our loop we will do all the rivers, Lake Superior, the Canadian Maritimes as far as Goose Bay, Bahamas, Caribbean and through the Panama Canal to Alaska.
We wanted more boat that for the loop. We wanted a full ocean capable boat with extensive range. That range allowed us to buy diesel at the commercial docks where fuel was around $3.00 a gallon and you have a pump that pumps at 50 gallons per minute with 300 gallon minimum.

Be sure to take your E bike and a small trailer. They come in real handy to run errands and tour locally.

A few photos of our trip.
Please forgive my ignorance but what constitutes the “Great Loop”?

Best to google it. But includes Atlantic Ocean down east coast, Gulf of Mexico, Mississipi River, (I think) Ohio River, a few great lakes, and (taking a shorter route) Erie Canal, Mohawk and Hudson Rivers. There is a longer route that goes North Through Eastern Canada.

i have a few hobbies like Fishing, playing guitar, collecting guitars, riding E-Bikes and raising goats and chickens but none of them gets me going
like playing From Software games, those games get my 52 year old brain working in ways i never thought possible and are an absolute blast!
If you want to have fun and be pushed to the brink then please do yourself a favor and purchase a Souls game, i suggest starting with Elden Ring then Bloodborne.
The head of From Software, (Miyazaki) was on Time magazine's 2023 100 Most Influential people in the world list and for good reason.
The music from these games is also just beyond words.

This was not only the best gaming experience i ever had but it was one of the best experiences.
Blew my mind.

Last edited:
I dream of owning a kemper but end up buying a new guitar every time i have some extra cash, maybe this tax return i will snag one or an Axe-FX! Rock on dude!
Can't go wrong with either Kemper or Axe-FX. I haven't tried the Axe-FX but always hear great things about it.

Other hobbies.... where do I start... My first love is RC, then lifted show trucks and finally my passion is reloading and shooting. but somewhere in there I find family time.View attachment 162886View attachment 162888View attachment 162889
Wow! that looks amazing! I came across Fraser’s Group reviews these days and I'm considering trying out some of their equipment. I'd love to hear about your personal experience with them. Do you find it worth the investment? Your insights would be incredibly valuable as I weigh my options and decide whether to give their products a try. Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts

Last edited:
Other hobbies.... where do I start... My first love is RC, then lifted show trucks and finally my passion is reloading and shooting. but somewhere in there I find family time.
I also enjoy Shooting and reloading. I mostly reload 380 because I like that calibre and shoot it quite a bit. That along with 44 mag, also both shooting and reloading (yes, the opposite end of the spectrum).

Playing bass, shooting, photography, fishing, model railroading, RV Repair, electronic repair, Minnesota Vikings Football, and I am open for additional suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_3864.jpeg
    IMG_3864.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3897.jpeg
    IMG_3897.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4940.jpeg
    IMG_4940.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3957.jpeg
    IMG_3957.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3416.jpeg
    IMG_3416.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2925.jpeg
    IMG_2925.jpeg
    766.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2928.jpeg
    IMG_2928.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 71587565681__7048C66B-9A30-4998-8404-F6743F00A9AD.jpeg
    71587565681__7048C66B-9A30-4998-8404-F6743F00A9AD.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2477.jpeg
    IMG_2477.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2460.jpeg
    IMG_2460.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7916.jpeg
    IMG_7916.jpeg
    435.1 KB · Views: 72
Body boarding (less these days, due to health but mostly conditions at my homebreak went to hell), skiing (thought I was done, but had 5 great days last year) but mostly guitar, performing specifically, though like skiing, I only get about five days a year! I'm far left in the wide, far right in the tighter shot, with the scrambled face. I like playing publicly, even to 200 or 300 people, but prefer anonymity (to the extent it's practical.)

Anonymized Live shot - 1.jpeg
Wide Live shot - 1.jpeg

Back